Goodleaf the starter

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by GoKHawksGo, Nov 14, 2018.

1. GoKHawksGo

GoKHawksGo Active Member

sounding more and more like Vinc will be in Buffalo. Goodleaf has played well in relief appearances, but can he carry the team for a full season?

2. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

Will there even be a team for him to carry? Goodleaf in goal isn't something I'll be focusing on till this damn CBA gets fixed.

3. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

I'd be fine with Goodleaf as a starter. I'm not sure if he has the same ceiling as Vinc but I think he could hold his own over the course of a season.

As far as the CBA stuff goes, as a Hawks fan I'm pretty conflicted on this. Hate to see a strike happen that could do a ton of damage to the league especially with two new teams...but if it were to happen could it happen during a better season that this one for us? The whole team is leaving next year anyway, kind of hard to cheer for an owner and players you know are leaving, even though as far as the players go, not really their fault.

Another thought I've had is there a possibility Pegula sees what a mess this league is and bails on a second franchise in Rochester?

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

That would be surprising because Pegula is now running the BCA so he should be getting the concession and other revenue that renter Styres was not getting. Pegula may be fine with status quo attendance in Rochester that could still make a profit for him where the money is coming from other sources.

The gamble for Pegula is that Rochester fans are very fickle with their support of sports teams and even when a great team like the current Hawks were winning Championships, there were still many, many empty seats in the BCA.

As for Goodleaf, if Vinc is really gone, Goodleaf deserves the shot at being the starter. He's 31 so he's seen some action and I think was even the main goalie in Six Nations during summer ball. I might even take him over a guy like Buque as my starter if those were my 2 options.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Y'all really think that Pegula pays close enough attention to see what a mess the NLL is prone to being? If anything, even if the league sucks ass, it's a good way to have 9 dates at the BCA filled rather than have the rink sit empty.

6. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

2 NLL teams' budgets are a rounding error relative to Pegula's sports empire.

depending on corporate structure and creativity of accountants, net value might be larger if the lacrosse teams lose money

fandit likes this.
  7. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

A cancelled season would make it real easy not to put a new team in Rochester. 99 percent of the city will just think the team or the league folded after the strike.

8. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Without a single practice how would a decision that Goodleaf is the starter be made?

swami24 likes this.