Graeme Hossack is

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by KhawkProud, Jun 3, 2018.

1. KhawkProud

KhawkProud Member

the best defender in the league. Honestly I had him as the 1st star of the game. 16 LB, 2 CTO, completely dominates whoever he guards. 2 goals, 1 assist. Just a beast.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Is he related to Matt Hossack?

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

....Not Good Anymore will be a thread some dumb Knighthawks "fan" will post in 3 or 4 years. :p

Hossack fell to the Hawks because Styres made a huge trade (involving Johnny Poweless and Joel McCready and picks) to land the pick from Vancouver -- http://www.swarmitup.com/2015EDOrder.htm#[14] -- and Georgia took Lyle Thompson at #1.

Again, this proves that in the NLL, it's Curt Styres' world and everyone else is just living in it.

5. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Graeme is Matt's big brother.

6. AmericanRockFan

I gotta assume this is the first time two sets of brothers squared off in the same championship game then? Dawson & Hossack vs. Dawson & Hossack.

7. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Yes, this is the first time two sets of brothers have faced each other since at least 2005. Similar situations with multiple sets of brothers (but not on opposite teams):

2007: Derek and Curt Malawsky (Calgary) faced Scott and Shawn Evans (Rochester)
    2013: Brad and Scott Self and Dan and Paul Dawson all played for the Knighthawks but there were no brothers on the Stealth
    2014: Greg and Jon Harnett (Calgary) against the Selfs and Dawsons (Rochester)
    2015: Zack (Sask) and Bill Greer (Tor) faced each other and Brodie and Patrick Merrill both played on the Rock
    2017: Lyle and Miles Thompson (Georgia) faced Jeremy (Sask). Jerome was on the Georgia roster but didn't play.

BTW on behalf of today's @NLLFactOfTheDay, thanks!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  8. AmericanRockFan

Interesting stuff. I didn't realize brothers squaring off in the finals, or at least competing together in the finals, had been that prevalent over the past decade or so.