had to admit my gf to the hospital tonight

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by N Barbera, May 13, 2005.

1. N Barbera

N Barbera New Member

I had to admit my gf to the er tongiht due to an ingrown hair, where her left leg got a major infection. The great cooper hospital had us wating in the er wating room till allmost 1 am and we arrived at 9pm, and didnt see a doctor when we were in the er till 3 am. I pray to god she will be ok.

~Nick~

2. scott15

scott15 New Member

Hope she is feeling better Nick!

3. newlaxfan2

newlaxfan2 New Member

I had something similar happen to my finger recently, except mine was probably due to a hangnail I had pulled off. Mine turned into lymphangitis, but it was dealt with really quickly by the antibiotic they put me on.

Hang in there!

4. HollywoodDougie

HollywoodDougie New Member

I work with a lot of people over there.

She's going to be O.K. ;)

5. fragilelady

fragilelady New Member

I'm sure she's gonna be fine

Nick - actually your wait wasn't that bad considering Cooper is a Level I trama center. The fact that you even got out of the waiting room in 4 hours is good too. I spent an entire night (I got there alittle after midnight) at our local hospital waiting for 7 stitches a couple of years ago.

Everyone has to wait anymore in the ER's. Usually after 7pm there is only one physician on duty. At the most during the day, there is usually 3 and that is normally from 11am to 6pm.

Triaging the patient starts with the more critical (heart, head injury, stroke, fire, accident) then goes down to the ones that could see a doctor in his office (headache, nausea, vomiting, tooth ache). It sounds like your girlfriend fell right in the middle.

In sticking up for the health care system (this coming from a disgruntled nurse), I think you did alright. But this is only my opinion.

6. N Barbera

N Barbera New Member

I visitedher for 4 hours tonight, and the swelling has gone down a bit and the nedness is completely gone, but she will be getting an x ray soon to see if the infection penetrated the bone, if it did then it will require sugery, but they said the xray is a typical procedure. Thanx for the love everyone, me and my gf thank you.

~Nick~

PS. FragileLady I wasnt really knocking the system, I was just upset because it was my day to relax, and I had to sit in an uncomftorable chair for 6 hours, and had to be up at 7am to take my lil bro to six flags for his saftey trip.

7. RyanP

RyanP Active Member

WTF an ingrown hair? Thats crazy how long did she let it go? That has got to be one hell on an infection.....Iguess if you let a splinter go it could ge bad too? Hope she feels better.

P.S. If you want to get through ER quickly may I suggest a kidney stone. When you go into the hospital with pain enough you can't stand or lay down, and you have no idea why the tend to take you right away. When the nurse asked me to rate my pain on a scale of 1-10 I told her 9 "because I have never died before"

8. Fantasmic

Fantasmic New Member

An ingrown hair is most likely because she shaved her legs, and when the hair was growning back, it did not grow out of the hair follicle. It probably curled back underneath, and continued to grow. Sweat, bacteria, etc got in the hair follicle, and created the infection. It may have looked like a pimple.

9. scott15

scott15 New Member

:rotfl: :rotfl: thats GREAT

10. SFrank85

SFrank85 New Member

That's great!

I hope your Girlfriend gets well soon!

11. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Pain scale
    10 Rock win another title
    9 knee surgery as a 14 yr old in 1978 (4 in slice for cartelidge)
    8 Salomnella food poisoning in 1992
    7 Disc injury at base of neck, numbness in in thumb and two fingers, 1995
    6 Intestinal virus, this March
    5. knee injuries resulting in #9 and another round on other knee in 1991
    4, bad wrist sprain
    3. dislocated pinkie
    2. lower back as a result of a collision on a softball field
    1. ACL reconstruction with donor ligament

Only number 6 cause me to miss a Wings game :)
    It sucks to be over 40....

12. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark wants to know what 11 would be? Or what would 0 be?

13. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

this is what 11 looks like

Attached Files:

14. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

I thought you were going to tell a story about how she was in a parking garage and a bunch of Rochester fans came up to her and...

swami24 likes this.
  15. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

11 is the Penguins winning another Cup, without a doubt.

16. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

I think a story like that could get the Ardmore Aardvark banned on a good natured messaged board such as this one....