Has any indoor team practiced outside before?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by chuckster, Dec 3, 2018.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I kinda doubt any NLL or MILL team has since I don't think the climate would allow it in most locations, but this was pretty cool of San Diego to do. It could kinda be a good idea, to get them used to playing in the heat which will make playing indoors feel more comfortable.

It'd also be a good way to attract fans, if they periodically had outdoor open practices.

3. R.J

R.J Guest

I don’t recall any other team doing this, and I’m sure the Geography and weather conditions are a big part of the “sell” Govett and Co. use for new players. Good on them for it.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

The season goes into June now......could totally do a community event at an outdoor box.

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I know that Dallas in the MLL plays inside during the season. So what the Seals are doing is kind of the reverse of that but only for the practice.

6. AmericanRockFan

They could even play the championship game outdoors.... Maybe the Rock could host it at Lampart Stadium?

7. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Orlando did

8. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

There was the idiot in the rochester forum trying to convice every the knighthawks could play at the soccer field if they put in a couple of heaters

9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Did not work in San Jose

10. AmericanRockFan

.....I don’t remember that particular idiot but this sounds like something I would’ve said with my tongue firmly planted in cheek.

That said, I hope the Bandits play a game against the Rock at Sahlen’s Field one day.

:p

11. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

The thread has been deleted but there are a few threads with solid references to it. This is the best
    http://forums.ilindoor.com/threads/winter-classic.296719/#post-3440476

12. AmericanRockFan

Can't they keep the lacrosse balls in a heater if they want to play outside in the winter? It'd be like the reverse of a hockey game where they keep the pucks in a freezer.

13. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I know I'd want heated balls in the wintertime.

14. R.J

R.J Guest

So play field lacrosse ?
    No thanks, I prefer the indoor game.

15. AmericanRockFan

It'd be the NLL's version of the winter classic. A box game outdoors!

16. Dev0

Dev0 Guest

We have 2 outdoor boxes in Halifax Ivecoached practises and had practises in them. Our masters pickup plays there Thursday nights weather permitting.