Hey, Angela

Discussion in 'Portland LumberJax Forum' started by Laxsaur, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Laxsaur

Laxsaur New Member

I know you are leaving and either taking the team with you, leaving it dead in the Rose Garden, or selling and running, but why keep us die hard fans hanging? Give us the Coup de Gras or a glimmer of hope sooner rather than later.:boink:

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

What would you like to know? The Lumberjax are gone and aren't coming back. End of story.

3. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

What would you do if you were her? You run a business and lost money. Look at alternatives to make the business break even or put step away and stop bleeding cash?

4. Laxsaur

Laxsaur New Member

I mean it when I say die hard. The element of doubt keeps the idea of new ownership or white knight investor alive. Now that Everett seems to be the new home of SJ that's all I have left. No official word just keeps that (false?) hope alive. Thus the call for the coup de grace.:(

5. Rabid Camel

Rabid Camel New Member

She has not left die hard Portland fans hanging...she flat out said the Jax are gone from Portland...coup de gras delivered...

...I still see the Bay area coming wide open...a chance for someone who is from there and has family business connections there...

Can't wait to see the Stealth move into Everett and start charging their $40 a seat...won't even draw 1,000 a game competing against the Stips whose season tickets range from $11 to $25 per game...typical seat around $18

6. Laxsaur

Laxsaur New Member

What was actually said was that "this management will not be operating in Portland" leaving (some of) us the barest glimmer of new management in some form keeping the team in town.

7. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

8. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Must need a new husband.

9. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

[​IMG]

To keep this thread on topic, it is nice to see her back in the field of professional sports. It's unfortunate things didn't work out for her in Portland, but that seems to be the nature of the beast in the NLL these days.

10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I LOLd

11. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Me too. I do miss the Lumberjax, they were an interesting franchise that I thought had some potential. Now they are just another team in the always growing NLL graveyard.

12. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

brilliant :D

13. wordup!

wordup! New Member

you never know.... she could bring the NLL back to the bay area.

the Cow palace is cheaper in rent than HP in SJ.

San Fran Lumberjax?