Holy Spambot....

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by AmericanRockFan, Sep 19, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

45 spam threads overnight? Yikes! :eek:

2. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Lol, seriously.

3. Google translate tells me they are trying to sell University Degrees and certificates....

FINALLY I CAN SAY I WENT TO HOPKINS!

RockStar and IAmDroot like this.
  4. AmericanRockFan

I'm happy you took the plunge and clicked on one. I didn't have the balls to because I didn't want to give my phone herpes.

5. AmericanRockFan

Took the plunge at work. Here's a Google translate:

Why would someone want to buy a degree from Guelph of all places? :confused:

6. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

You mean we just spent 180Gs for lil Swami to go to UCONN, and all we needed was this guy:rolleyes:

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I haven't worked for 1 employer who has ever asked to see my actual diploma. They have asked for my college transcripts, though. THAT's what they should be selling.

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I truthfully wonder if hiring managers actually even call whatever institution you claim to have been educated at.

I wouldn't have been able to BS my way through my first post-grad gig without the knowledge that came from the degree, but, lots of folks working lots of jobs totally could.......Wonder if it is more cost effective to backpack through Europe for the 3-4 years, and just claim an education at some out of country school that looks credible.

FWIW, no employer has ever asked for my transcripts or my degree either.....just the provincial regulator, and other educational institutions.

9. If im not mistaken UofG is one of the most respected Veterinary schools in all of Canada as well as its Agri-studies

10. AmericanRockFan

For those keeping score, I was asked to provide a diploma at one employer. When I worked in HR I think we did ask for a diploma but I’m unsure if anyone asked for a transcript there.

11. swami24

Our HR looks into diplomas. We have people with overseas diplomas, and they say they check. By the time they get to me, they have been vetted.

There was a time we were hiring a consultant, and I believed he was being coached during a phone interview. It sounded wrong. I contacted HR, and they did the busting. We wouldnt have been brought on without a face to face.

12. AmericanRockFan

AND THE SPAMBOTS ARE BACK!

JSap never would’ve stood for this nonsense.

13. swami24

%^@*#^$^#&

14. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I have a degree from Berlinisches Polytechnicum. :rolleyes:

15. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i had this come up in my job search when i was laid off two years ago. it turned out that my official transcript was wrong and i had it corrected 30 years later!!

16. fandit

fandit Active Member

Looks like they're back.....there are dozen just in the Bandits forum this morning. I think every Canadian University got a shout out!

17. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Spambot 2, Ilindoor Forums 1.

18. AmericanRockFan

Last night they attacked the Roughnecks forum specifically. I guess they wanna sell diplomas to people who hate Malawsky.

19. AmericanRockFan

There's so many threads I feel like the score is closer to Spambot 20, ILIndoor Forums 1.

20. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

So, are the alleged admins of this site going to actually do anything about it or are we in limbo as we continue to be the black sheep of the IL family?