Home opener Dec. 21

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by chuckster, Nov 27, 2018.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

vs. Rock. Makes sense since both teams had a bye scheduled that weekend.

Per announcement/commercial during Sabres game.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Sweet. I already took the day off of work.

3. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

They better be refunding tickets

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

They still haven't "admitted" they are shortening the schedule.

July 4th weekend championship final ?? :D

5. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Why would they do that? Only the SD game needs to be rescheduled now.

6. chuckster

I'm a season ticket holder and haven't gotten my tickets.....what would there be to refund if the tickets were never issued? If you paid the season ticket money, they're going to still play the number of games they originally promised. The Sabres are doing a buyback program and issuing credits for their store and concessions but I haven't seen anything about the Bandits doing that.

You could ask, make a stink about it and maybe they give you a credit or issue the money. Or make a case about buying the season based on when the home opener was. But unless you bought the Rock game as individual game tickets through Tickets.com or the arena box office, I don't see why they would refund something that wasn't issued to you to begin with.

7. chuckster

And that will be a road game that could likely be tacked on to the weekend of April 27-28.

8. chuckster

The original schedule had the season ending April 20 which is about a week earlier than normal. If they tack on the week 1 or week 2 games that were missed, that means the season now finishes April 26-28. Which is when they usually finish.

Last year, the first 2 rounds of playoffs were 1 and done so if that holds true again, the Finals will start May 16-18. Three weekends of the Finals (if the league doesn't skip Memorial Day weekend) means June 1-2 for Game 3 if they get that far. Same as last year......

9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Its a rescheduled date with short noticed which is why they need to offer refunds to both season ticket and single ticket holders

10. AmericanRockFan

Hopefully the Bandits announce it on their own website soon...

11. chuckster

OK, ask for it. Let us know what they tell you and if they give you the refund.....I'm curious if they give it up easily on first ask.

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

It says on your ticket, dates and times subject to change

13. Hollywood42

Back of a flyers ticket for example says , The Philadelphia Flyers reserves the right to change the date/and or starting time of the game shown on front of this ticket , and no such change shall entitle holder to a refund of the purchase price of this ticket or any other Philadelphia Flyers ticket.

So that’s basic with any sport any team soooo mr Michael you’re SOL

14. AmericanRockFan

Especially for season tickets he should be SOL, considering they sell season tickets before the schedule comes out.

Now, I can see a case though where they offer rain checks for people who had single game tickets (did these even go on sale yet?) for December 1 that allows them to redeem them for 12/21 or another game since I don't think the Bandits will sell games out in 2019 (not trying to start ****, just stating I don't see tickets being at a such a premium).

15. chuckster

We don't even have the season tickets yet. In any form (print or electronic). So my point was how can they refund something they haven't issued yet? The season ticket is for 9 home games (plus 1 playoff game) and they will still be playing 9 home games.

Single game tickets were already on sale so if he dropped his season tickets for single game tickets, he should be able get a refund.

I still want to see if they give him a straight up refund for the 1 game if he did buy season tickets. I would be surprised if the Bandits did that.

16. chuckster

They just did -- http://bandits.com/article/BANDITS HOME OPENER SET FOR DECEMBER 21

No date yet for the game in San Diego that was supposed to be Dec. 8.....the Seals actually get more time to sell tix for their home opener which is now Jan. 12.

17. Hollywood42

White out night Lol FAIL
    away teams wear whites this year

RockStar likes this.
  18. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

That link mentions the Bandits will be debuting new throwback jerseys. I don't know what that could involve, but I hope they still keep those originals that they've worn last few years. I thought that was the throwback jersey? Or maybe it's a "3rd jersey"?

19. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

It did not say that on last years tickets and this years have not been sent yet
    State law require refund for rescheduled games

20. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

hope its not the eye ones again