Home Schedule Predictions....

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Aug 14, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So, now that the NHL and NBA schedules are out, let's take a look at available dates for ScotiaBank Arena in 2018/19:

• Friday, November 30 - Sunday, December 2
    • Friday, December 7
    • Friday, December 21
    • Friday, December 28
    • Friday, January 4
    • Sunday, January 13
    • Friday, January 18
    • Friday, January 25 - Sunday, January 27
    • Friday, February 1
    • Friday, February 8 - Sunday, February 10
    • Friday, February 15 - Sunday, February 17
    • Sunday, March 3
    • Friday, March 8 - Sunday, March 10
    • Saturday, March 16 - Sunday, March 17
    • Friday, March 29 - Sunday, March 31
    • Friday, April 5 - Saturday, April 6
    • Friday, April 12 - Sunday, April 14
    • Friday, April 19 - Sunday, April 21
    • Friday, April 26 - Sunday, April 28

Now, I'll assume that every weekend (mainly the Saturdays) after April 6 are greyed/fully blacked out in favor of Leafs and Raptors home playoff games. So, I'll go with the following as my ideal home schedule:
    1. Friday, January 4
    2. Saturday, January 26
    3. Saturday, February 9
    4. Saturday, February 16
    5. Saturday, March 9
    6. Saturday, March 16
    7. Saturday, March 30
    8. Saturday, April 6
    9. Friday, April 19 (I can't expect the Rock to claim dibs on a Saturday during NHL and NBA playoff season)
    Hopefully the Rock can take advantage of the available Saturdays this season, because apparently the opportunity is there if they choose to push for it. If there's 6+ Saturday home games in 2019, then I'll serious consider getting the season pass for the upper bowl.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I think you should also look at dates on the first 3 weekends of December. The league is starting early again this year so at least one of those weekends may also be in play.

3. AmericanRockFan

I forgot how early the season started last year. If the Rock have to play a December home game, I'd hope it's on December 7 so that they're not competing with the holiday season rush too much, and because I plan on going to UFC 231 the next night so I'll already be in town :p

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I'd say don't bother buying the pass. As often as not, I have one spare out of my three pack.....happy to let it go for a beer.

Even if I have all seats spoken for, I can get you a single game upper directly through the Rock for ~$18, no Ticketmaster charges and emailed PDF so no will-call lineup bullshtt. Just need a couple days notice.

5. RockStar

As far as the Saturday schedule, as a local in-City, I preferred Fridays, because, I got my game and the rest of my weekend was clear to do anything.....including a Buffalo or Rochester home game.

If I had my druthers, I'd have 9 Fridays with 815pm ball drop so, patrons can take advantage of the cheaper after 6pm evening parking, and still have time to get dinner and a beer beforehand. Also makes it easier for the Peterborough - Barrie - St. Catharines crowd to get into the city after work.

I wonder if there is any cost premium for booking a Saturday vs. a Friday.

6. AmericanRockFan

I love having connections to tickets :)

If I lived in Toronto, I'd like 8pm Friday night starts too. I enjoy going to work on a Friday, having a post-work activity to look forward to, going to the bar before the game, then going to the game. That's not as much of an option for me living 3 hours from Toronto though :p

7. chuckster

You lost me at "enjoy going to work on a Friday". :D

RockStar likes this.
  8. AmericanRockFan

What a brutal home schedule
    1. Friday, December 28 vs. Georgia
    2. Friday, January 4 vs. Philadelphia
    3. Friday, January 18 vs. Georgia
    4. Friday, February 1 vs. Saskatchewan
    5. Friday, February 15 vs. San Diego
    6. Saturday, March 16 vs. Rochester
    7. Saturday, March 30 vs. Philadelphia
    8. Friday, April 5 vs. Buffalo
    9. Friday, April 12 vs. New England

At least the trips to Buffalo, Philadelphia, and Rochester all come on Saturdays, but jeez.... So many available Saturday dates and they only snagged 2.

9. chuckster

No home games vs. Calgary or Vancouver?? I guess the Canadian rivalries aren't on the NLL's radar this year.

10. RockStar

remind me again why tf I have to buy tickets to extra games against selected divisional opponents that does nothing but unbalance things and bugger up tiebreakers.

I like Fridays, so am kinda happy. I understand why some folks are less happy

11. AmericanRockFan

If I lived and worked in Toronto I’d be down for more Friday nights. As someone who’s going to need to take time off of work to commute up to Toronto, or leave the office at noon, I prefer Saturdays.

Regardless I look forward to hitting you up for some $18 tickets this year. Do you have hookups for group discounts too if I bring some of my lady friends? :cool:

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

13. AmericanRockFan

The season is already over.

14. chuckster

Guys like him get no rest from November-August. Hopefully, it's not serious but it will likely keep him off lax magazine covers for awhile. :D

15. RockStar

well, Johnny Powless ain't going to make up for that......

i just paid for a shttload of 11-7 losses where the idiots on FB will blame Rose :(

16. AmericanRockFan

Hopefully Rose can build upon his 3 career goals to fill the void left by Schreiber.

17. RockStar

(and, after what they fired Troy for - 3 disappointing seasons, albeit, playoff seasons where an old injury-prone roster laid an egg in one game - i have to wonder how much longer you can keep Dawick-Sawyer-Manning.......we are coming up on three seasons with just about no hope for being much better than the last two. )

18. chuckster

Well, you're not getting rid of Dawick. And Sawyer just got the Oakville Rock to game 6 of the MSL finals with a bunch of guys who will be on the Toronto Rock roster.

You can still have hope knowing that you'll get Philly 3 times, and the Seals and Vancouver once each. And the Rock always give the Bandits trouble. And the Wolves goaltending right now looks to be Doug Jamieson and Warren Hill. If Rose doesn't suck the big skin banana too much this coming year, the Rock could still sneak in.

19. AmericanRockFan

I don't know why I've always been drinking the Sawyer Kool-Aid, but I've never felt that he's the problem. I've always felt it had more to do with players underperforming than it had to do with his coaching abilities.

20. RockStar

Sawyer has been the head coach for two disappointing seasons, second worse than the first.

In the second half of last season they were 3-6, and did not beat a single team that finished above .500.

In the last five games of the season clutch time, when they were still (miraculously) in the playoff hunt, they went 1-4 and beat only the Bandits.

Defence was mostly good, goaltending was mostly adequate, offence was disappointing most of the time.....and it was the same kind of disappointing - outcoached by opponent, and completely absent or nearly for 15-35 minute stretches.

He also kept the same offensive coach for the entire time.....I don't know if that's his say, but, I like to think a head coach gets to pick his assistants.

Anyway, if Sawyer is below .500 at the halfway mark of the season, I say swing the axe and let Codd have the rest of the season. Might not be Sawyer's fault, but, if it's not his fault then, it's the GM's.......right? Never seen a GM that agreed with that, so, the coach gets pinkslipped :D

We've all argued it - I still think the most effective move would actually be for Dawick to fire himself and bring in a lacrosse GM that can make a good counterpoint to whomever the coach ends up being. Might be possible to keep Sawyer under such a scenario