Home Schedule Predictions....

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Aug 14, 2018.

1. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

The Rock’s O sucked even with Schrieber in the line up, aside from a few flashes of greatness. I don’t fault him, rather mediocre set plays, an inability to adjust when teams figured out their offensive patterns, Jones and Hickey taking far too many low percentage shots, mediocre ball movement and an inability to get to the net with for inside shots. Rant aside, without Schrieber the Rock will lose games 11-7 instead of 11-10 and beat crappy teams 10-8 instead of 14-8.

I’d love to see a new GM, Manning gone, Jones traded for Corey Small and a fire lit under the players asses so they hit the floor inspired with a plan to get to the next. Instead I’ll get Toronto Rock 2019 “We score as often as you did in high school” :(

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I was a ladies man, so......

3. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Won't happen. Jones would never agree to a trade to Vancouver now that he's close to home.

Good God, I hope not. 0-18 would not be pretty.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

they have so much invested in Jones, amd he did score a lot of goals, but, if I can be honest, I'd move him for almost anything I could get......he was out there getting lots of touches and taking lots of shots during those scoreless 20 minute plus stretches.

too many of those shots had him standing still, angled, 25' or more out, with a goalie ready and squared up to him, and with 15 or more left on the clock.

Ratcliff II

5. RockStar

(Paul Day is in division, so, I hold out hope that he can be swindled into moving a young asset with upside for Jones....)

6. AmericanRockFan

I guess I'm the minority, but I wouldn't move Jones unless the haul is a great one. No one on the team is untouchable, but Jones, along with Schreiber and Harris, as as close to it as you can get without actually being it in my opinion.

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Jones cost the Rock 2 1st round picks, the 1st of which is this year at #5. Which could have gotten the Rock someone like Shane Simpson or Brendan Bomberry or maybe if the Bandits lost their minds, Gilray or MacKay would have fallen to the Rock.

Jones might have to have an MVP type season this year to justify losing the 2018 #5 overall pick.

8. RockStar

My only untouchables are Rogers, Harris.

Schreiber would have been, but.......injury, surgery, US expansion.....if someone offered me a first rounder, or a lefty prospect, I would certainly be listening.

Lintner, and, to a lesser extent, Hellyer are the only forwards I give a frog's fat arse about keeping. Everything else is interchangeable to me.

9. CrocodileLax

You sir should be GM. The only way I see Jones working is for Lintner to crash the net, drawing the goalie and dish to Jones so that outside shot hits net instead of goalie. He and Hickey wasted upwards of 20 shots a game. Hickey's gone. Gotta do something about Jones.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. CrocodileLax

11. CrocodileLax

Congrats! If you scored at will, I wonder if you scored enough to get the Rock O to 220/230 goals a season :)

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Sooo... what happened

13. AmericanRockFan

If you were at Fann Cup 2017, you'd already know :cool:

14. CrocodileLax

Has anyone been tracking the major roster changes to date? This is what I can think of ...

Brett Hickey, gone
    Brodie Merrill, gone
    Turner Evans, gone
    Dan Taylor swapped for Johnny Powless

That'll free up FA dollars and get some compensatory picks but I seriously hope Dawick has a plan. He's coughed up a bunch of talent getting little in return. Not sure who's on the FA market -- better be good.

15. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned Curtis Dickson and Dane Dobbie in Calgary as being UFAs. I don't think there were many other big UFA names.

16. CrocodileLax

Sigh.

17. RockStar

I hate Dobbie, but, he's better than any other lefty they had last year......sign him!

18. CrocodileLax

Why do I get the feeling that Dawick will try to prove his prowess by signing a 4th round 2016 draft pick instead?