Hotels near the arena

Discussion in 'Arizona Sting Forum' started by Avalanche8686, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Avalanche8686

Avalanche8686 New Member

Anyone know of a good, cheap, hotel or motel near the arena, preferably within walking distance.... 0-3 miles?

2. Delster

Delster New Member

Not within walking distance. Not yet anyway. The are building one right next to it (you could puke out your window and hit it close).

I'll pm you some links to hotels.

3. newrendezvous

newrendezvous New Member

Pickings are slim to none within walking distance of the arena unfortunately. Westgate City Center is immediately adjacent to the arena. They are building a Marriott Rennaissance but it isn't scheduled to open until later in the year and before the Superbowl in January.

Your best bet is to get a hotel near Arrowhead Mall. It's about 5 miles North of the arena. It's a nice area and there are plenty of good hotels, restaurants, stores, etc. with walking distance of one another. But you will need to drive to the arena.

Let me know if you want some specific recommendations.

4. Avalanche8686

Avalanche8686 New Member

You have all been very helpful....

I could use a recommendation on travel from the airport to the hotel then to the arena.

5. Delster

Delster New Member

6. AZStingGirl

AZStingGirl New Member

Here are the hotels in the Peoria area - about 5 miles from the arena.

Residence Inn
    90 rooms 8435 West Paradise Lane, Peoria, AZ 85382
    Phone:
    Reservations:
    (623) 979-2074
    (800) 331-3131

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comfort Suites
    79 rooms 8473 West Paradise Lane, Peoria, AZ 85382
    Hotel Phone:
    (800) 228-5150
    (623) 334-3993

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hampton Inn
    132 rooms 8408 West Paradise Lane, Peoria, AZ 85382
    Reservations:
    (800) HAMPTON
    (426-7866)

La Quinta Inns & Suites
    108 rooms 16321 North 83rd Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85382
    Hotel Phone:
    Fax:
    (623) 487-1900
    (623) 487-1919

Holiday Inn Express
    98 rooms/suites 16771 North 84th Avenue Peoria, Arizona 85382
    Phone:
    Fax:
    623-853-1313
    623-853-8888

Extended Stay America
    101 rooms 7345 West Bell Road Peoria, AZ 85382
    Phone:
    Fax:
    (800) 398-7829
    (623) 487-0022

7. AZStingGirl

AZStingGirl New Member

Also, those coming into town and not renting cars, Ill be taking Friday off and Im more than willing to pick as many of those that I can up from the airport. Let me know if there is anything I can do while youre in town.

8. newrendezvous

newrendezvous New Member

Your best bet is to rent a car for the trip. Phoenix is an easy place to get around since it's flat and laid out in a grid for the most part. But it is pretty spread out. And don't forget that it is the 5th biggest city in the US. You can expect to drive about 45 minutes from the Airport to the hotel (if you stay near Arrowhead). The arena is about 5 miles south of Arrowhead. If you want to branch out and don't mind driving further, Scottsdale and Tempe both offer a lot in the way of restaurants, nightlife, etc. They are both on the eastern side of Phoenix. Whereas Glendale is on the western edge of Phoenix. Scottsdale is upscale and yuppie...Tempe is a college town and home to Arizona State University.

9. Zona Girl

Zona Girl New Member

I too am happy to provide transportation on Thursday or Friday afternoon/evening (I work downtown, which is in close proximity to the airport.) if people are traveling to the Glendale/Peoria area. We will definately be starting the tailgating early on Saturday, so please come join us...Details to follow. I know that most of the hotels in the area have been posted, but if anyone else needs suggestions on restarants or bars feel free to PM me. Oh & the AVP volleyball tournament is going on that weekend also. Bring your shorts & flips flops, it's gonna be a hot one! :)

10. Keanwolf

Keanwolf Guest

Hey all,

Sorry for off-top, I need to go to LA from airport. Could you advise me please some reliable local taxi service? Or maybe I should use an international one, like Uber or http://kiwitaxi.com/ ?
    Any help appreciated

11. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Banned

No need, spambot! I'll be there in a flash to pick you up.

12. RockStar

RockStar Banned

We should have a pool on what's behind the spam link.

Russian brides? Erectile dysfunction cures? Weightloss schemes?

13. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Donald Trump?

14. RockStar

RockStar Banned

Trump = electile dysfunction

thwingfan likes this.
  15. Keanwolf

Keanwolf Guest

I'm not a spambot, btw. Just curios, why did you think so?

16. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Banned

Because your mom told me so when I left my spare change on her dresser last night.

17. Keanwolf

Keanwolf Guest

Aha, nobrainer detected )

18. vienthongdq

vienthongdq Guest

I also have questions like you?

19. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Why are all the spam bots bumping this particular thread??