I hate when ....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Vin, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Noticed the change on CNN yesterday. Annoying to say the least.

2. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Another website that I can no longer read. I wasn't reading it anyway, so no great loss for me.

3. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

All that content takes forever to load too. takes you back to the dial up days.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Reminds me of those Top N Yadda Yadda Yaddas type websites where you get 1 list entry per webpage.
    Like this one:
    http://sportzedge.com/2014/04/02/50-greatest-players-in-uconn-mens-basketball-history-50-1/
    51 webpages.

I want to see 1 big comprehensive list to give a big picture.
    "But that will affect your load time..." they say.
    "Cut out the bullshit code that has to load! It shouldn't take that long."

For instance, back to that one list, I might want to see if a particular person is on that list. I might have to click through the entire list to see if he is on it and, if he's on it, where. I shouldn't have to do that; my time and my data consumption is too valuable to me. And I don't get the big picture with these piecemeal lists.
    Let's face it: they do that to drive up click count and data consumption and the number of ads that they can sell. They don't really care about the user experience at all which is a shame because a quality user experience drives up traffic. Competition fails and instead, like so much in life, it's do what everybody else does - de facto collusion.

Oh, and those stupid Facebook quizzes are same thing. Get it all on simple single page!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  5. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

I wonder how much this is true....a lot I bet. Just like radio station websites that have their "girl of the day" or similar section to go to. It has nothing at ALL to do with the radio station, and purely is there to drive up site hits. That way they can tell potential clients "we have x amount of people visiting our site every day, so it is valuable for you to advertise on our site."

6. swami24

I bet a large number of people buy the Trentonian newspaper, just for the page 6 girl. BAsed on that, they all deserve a refund today.... moo.

7. The_Vukster

I hate when...

I finally get on the Jumbotron and it is at an opponents arena in the waning moments of a game where we just got our @sses handed to us.

8. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Please tell me you were angry enough to flip off the crowd.

9. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

It's funny you say this, because when they first showed Hollywood on the screen, I thought he was flicking off the camera after they reviewed the Knighthawks' goal.

10. The_Vukster

LOL...what would have that accomplished except to make us look like douchebags and/or encourage the home fans to seek us out to rub it in our nose?

11. The_Vukster

Freaking paypal went to the new stupid look! Four damn screens with hardly half a screen's worth of real information. And a stupid animated graphic!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  12. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I hate when....

... I have to use stone knives and bear skins to keep planes from falling out of the sky.

13. swami24

Encouraging post, since I will be flying in a few weeks.

14. The_Vukster

Both will pass the metal detector, so wear them on the plane. Problem solved.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  16. swami24

Charter flight, Phila to Cancun.

17. swami24

18. swami24

Interesting, it filtered out r e t a r d, and when I go to edit, there is nothing there

19. The_Vukster

Odd that ****** is filtered out...but I suppose in today's politically correct society that is not really acceptable. I used that word a lot as a kid, even had a "retarded" voice to go along with it...but I now find that I tend to not be comfortable using it. It can change your perception of the word when you meet/see/experience parents who have kids that are "mentally challenged". I feel lucky that we were gifted enough to not have to deal with that. I certainly do not wish to offend those parents who may have to deal with that situation. I applaud them for their strength.

20. swami24

Yup, agreed.

maybe it was specially added to the filter to protect a certain poster...