I hate when ....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Vin, Mar 2, 2011.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, I just saw that Chili's is firing a waiter who used the above term to refer to a young kid/customer with Down's. Classy.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

referred to him as rétärdêd?

Wow.

That's maybe grounds for a short talk about company expectations, or in today's ridiculous world, a sensitivity training session.......

If this is the only thing wrong with the waiter, that is quite heavy handed.

3. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

I think many times in situations like that it can be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. The employee was likely not that good and they probably were looking for a way to finally get rid of him. If he was a really good employee outside of that one incident, one would have to imagine that they may have dealt with it in a different manner.

I have also seen situations like this where public backlash is so great that the owner is pressured by the public and is all but "forced" into firing the offending employee. This reminds me of certain situations where pro sports players are let go from teams because it is "the right thing for the team to do" in the public eye. The player then ends up on another team where his checkered past is once again looked at as in the "past".

4. RockStar

Yep.

We had a recent gooder where a public sector employee was fired for telling a street TV reporter that he thought that the fact that some nearby jokers were fixing to do a FHRITP gag was "f-ing funny", and that if they were in England it would be worse because the jokers would hold a vibrator to her ear while they were doing it........

According to the "civilized" public, this guy was worse than Lord Satan himself, and, deserved everything he got.

Personally, I think he's a bit of a crass jackass, but, is also just a poor bastard that let the beer do the talking in the wrong place at the wrong time and was punished very severely for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  5. swami24

This has become the new reality of guilt, and it is completely against all reality of due process. Media is the new court.

6. swami24

Oh, we/I have derailed the thread. I hate when the media convicts people immediately.

7. Eyes from Above

Eyes from Above New Member

Two of the best stand up routines(?) I have ever seen on this subject were; Ralphie May- about his best buddy and Carlos Mancia's , both have you crying and ( to some) not PC. Both treat the subject great( and normally you wouldn't thing that of these two)

8. swami24

There is now....,

Vin likes this.
  9. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I finally got to press the Like button on this!
    In fact, I was using this story just the other day...

10. swami24

I hate when people rally on the 1st ammendment, just don't understand that the Constitutional rules of elections , are what they are protesting.

Fricking gen x. think they are all the sh't.

11. RockStar

Don't disparage X.......those mostly look like millenial hipster types.

I think they would have been called Gen Y in the not too distant past

Most of x is on the wrong side of 40 and too bogged down with paying the bills and trying to get ready to launch adult children so they can start taking care of their parents. Some of them are angry too, but, they're so damned tired!

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I hate when girls give horribly ambiguous mixed messages.

13. swami24

Worse yet, it usually is quite intentional.

14. AmericanRockFan

Indeed. And they don't seem to like it when you're equally as ambiguously mixed messaged with them in return.

15. swami24

Incredibly annoying woman in a Rangers jersey sitting behind the lil Swami and I at tonight's flyers game. Would not shut up. The comment that best highlights her hockey knowledge " I hate when they change sides between periods." Her only comeback to the taunts of a female flyers fan was "stop drinking." And of course, she was drinking.

16. AmericanRockFan

I hate people with obnoxious New York accents.

17. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

18. swami24

It's obnoooooooxious, to them.

19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

**** awf!

LOL.... Actually, while I still do retain a New York accent, it is mostly washed away and kicks in only if I get upset and animated or if I return to New York and tawk to them.

20. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

... I am confronted with the 260-character path limit in MS Windows. It is ridiculous for the modern world because large organizations are going to have large directory trees and filenames will often have datetimestamps in the filename. For us here, it is a 218-character limit.

smurf666 likes this.