1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate when ....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Vin, Mar 2, 2011.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I hate when I go out to the bar on Friday night, get drunk enough that I invite the cute bartender (who had been hitting on me) to a Leafs game and she actually says yes, meaning I gotta spent more money on my road trip than I already planned......

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Laffs gets costly, unless it's in the last 15 games of a tank season......can't even imagine what the secondary market looks like lately when they're on a streak of .900 or so hockey in their last 15 or so.

3. AmericanRockFan

Luckily it's only in Buffalo, but still. I only "invited" her as a joke since I figured I was guaranteed to get a "that's okay" response :oops:

In other news, at least I get to enjoy Monday's game in Buffalo by myself for 35% off face value :cool:

Hopefully I have as good of luck with prices 10 days later when the Leafs come back since I gotta buy two tickets now :oops: I just hope the Adam's Mark doesn't kick me out post game like they did to Cecconi and his wife :p

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

With the Eagles winning the Superbowl, at least I still have the Leafs and Sabres to look down on.

5. RockStar

what's a superbowl?

6. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

DOESN'T MATTER HAD SEX.

7. swami24

Selfie don't count.

8. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'm still interested in more info on that hooker you picked up at the Adams Mark after Fann last year.

9. AmericanRockFan

Since I know you think you're responding to me, I'll answer anyways.

Simple. Two nice Vietnamese women I met in the lobby after the Fann Cup banquet who were on vacation wanted a souvenir before they left for Toronto the following morning and I was more than happy to do my share to make sure they went home happy. I kept in touch with one of them for about a month or so afterwards but stopped when she finally concluded I wasn't about to get on a plane to Vietnam any time soon.

10. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

BRUH...

AmericanRockFan likes this.
  11. AmericanRockFan

Tickets for last night in Buffalo were pricier than their trip 10 days earlier, but I still scored a nice 200 level seat that was just inside the blueline of where the Leafs shot twice for about 20% below box office price on StubHub.

I could kinda get used to going to Leafs games every week... but I'm not sure my bank account would.

12. swami24

Between the time and cost, you need ticket partners. That's the only way I have been able to have Flyers tix.for 30 yrs.

13. RockStar

^^That.

I have been on the waiting list for Laff tickets for over 10 years.

When it comes up, I only plan on keeping about 4 or 5 Saturday nighters, maybe a couple weeknighters against a team I can't see on a Saturday. Will be looking for at least one partner.

14. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

This is why the Wings are the only team I've ever held full season tickets to. Every other sport is too expensive and time consuming. Baseball is my favorite sport, but I couldn't imagine driving to the ballpark 81 times in 6 months.

We were considering doing a half season plan to the Reading Royals next year (18 games), but the Wings coming back squashed those plans. Too many overlap dates.

15. RockStar

Yeah, same thing here. I could consider doing something like football season tix - 9 games for CFL, or 8 for NFL if we ever land a team....

Everything else has way more dates than I am willing to deal with - even junior hockey is over 30 home games plus possible playoffs! Even if I liked soccer, the MLS schedule has a lot of games, and stretches into some really shitty times of year - outdoor home games in December or late Februrary? Yecchh!

Furthermore, after you pay for all of them, if you can't make a date, it's just freebies for your friends........None of them except for Laffs and Raptors are a super hot ticket, so, you can't even sell spares for full price, let alone profit.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  16. swami24

Same way I get my 3 to 5 minor league baseball, front row seats. The STH has 10 partners.

17. AmericanRockFan

I'd probably be good for at least a couple games on that :cool:

Anyhow, I love baseball too but I can't imagine going to all 81 games. I've had a flex pack for the Jays and made it to 14 games in 2016 but opted not to get one this year since I wanted to focus on going to more away games this season. If I lived closer to Toronto, I probably would hit 25-30 games max since I do enjoy having non-sports hobbies as well.

I have Amerks season tickets but
    Probably only get to about 25 games, which is about the amount of games to hit to make season tickets a worthwhile investment. I just give the rest of the tickets away to co-workers.

18. RockStar

If I lived downtown and wasn't so effing busy every night of the week, I might actually buy enough Jays flex packs to get to one game out of most of the home series.

As it is, I don't even find time to watch on TV. Rare summer night where there's "nothing" to do, Id rather look for an MSL or Jr. A lacrosse game. Fortunately, my slower time, August thru Labour Day, coincides with Ontario Lacrosse playoffs, so, I usually get to a half dozen games or so.

19. AmericanRockFan

Ideally I'd hit up one game per series. The last 2 years I was averaging one game per homestand, which is rather impressive considering I was commuting about 7 hours round trip for every game.... and was waking up early for bobblehead giveaways, which just added to the fatigue.

20. swami24

Womens shoulder cut out shirts. There are a few that look good on the right person. No.matter what, they do not look good if you are 5'3" and over 200lbs.