I won't give up....yet

Discussion in 'Arizona Sting Forum' started by AzStingFan311, Feb 8, 2008.

1. AzStingFan311

AzStingFan311 New Member

Good news is, it seems most of the "borrowed" Sting players are making an impact with their perspective teams. If we can get all or most of them back next year it still looks to be a promising team. I wish there were more to talk about but there is no news on whats happening with the team. Remember it is only February, next season won't even start for oh..10 months. Meanwhile...I'm still trying to come up with 5 million.

2. Slinger 120

Slinger 120 New Member

Any hope is a good thing, but I think this team is gone.

Right now the painfult thing is the lack of knowing. If they are dead I would like to know ASAP so I can mourn!

3. Little Feet

Little Feet New Member

What really gets my goat is that the league stole away the home field advantage from the Knighthawks last year in a desperate plea to save this dead franchise. Their punishment? The folding of the Sting.

4. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

do we have to bring this up again???? the league didn't steal anything from the K'Hawks. rochester failed to have their arena available on the given date and time, therefore home-field advantage goes to what would be the visiting team (in this case) the Arizona Sting. there have been threads after threads on this. the league actually followed its rules in this case. if you don't like it, write Jim Jennings.

5. Slinger 120

Slinger 120 New Member

Exactly.....not the fault of the league.

And thanks for the best line I have seen to sell non-Lax fans on the game: It is like football with weapons! Classic....

6. Delster

Delster New Member

Nothing was "given" to the Sting to host. They paid a hefty sum. A lot more than Little Feet makes at IHop cleaing syrup bottles.

7. Crabman19

Crabman19 Active Member

Sadly, another nail in the coffin today as it was announced Hamley to coach the Rush for the remainder of the season. I'd love to see the Sting back next year, but things really don't look that optomistic.

8. MileHighMammoth

MileHighMammoth New Member

Nope, especially since they were still paying Hamley so there is money they just unloaded.

9. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

It isn't looking good. Moss said he thought a deal would be done by March 1. Last week I emailed him asking for an update. So far, no response.

10. FINN

FINN New Member

Hey YB...

Ya never know, look at the deal the Wings made to acquire yet another goaltender, maybe we ain't keeping Blazer after all?!

/sliver of hope for you!

~Finn

11. Delster

Delster New Member

Spoke to him last week. Doesn't look good as of then. We can hope for a miracle.

12. Slinger 120

Slinger 120 New Member

Screw Moss and the Yotes....Not sure why keeping the sting was a big deal. You have this fabulous facility in Westgate and only the Yotes play there? Yes, I know it is small time, but it had promise especially with that area growing.

Downtown PHX has the Suns, Rattlers, Roadrunners, Mercury (okay-who cares).....

Jobing.com could not host 8 sting games a year? C'mon....I don't know the financials, but operating the Sting could not have been a huge financial burden....

Or maybe just the $5 extra in the budget you want to get rid of because of the burden of your bigger losses....like the Yotes. Empty seats many nights.

13. wordup!

wordup! New Member

you never know....this team might get sold and moved to a different part of the US or Canada. i think eastern US/Canada will work.....montreal express part 2? Hartford? Detroit?

14. Canadan

Canadan New Member

Just something for the loyal Sting fans.

Attached Files:

15. AzStingFan311

AzStingFan311 New Member

Thanks, I think...

I you only knew how I dream of seeing that jersey between the posts again.

16. PhillySoldier

PhillySoldier New Member

Huh? The Blazer likes being on a winning team, he said he's staying in Phila...

17. AZStingGirl

AZStingGirl New Member

I think you might be mistaken. Are you trying to say AZ WASNT a winning team? Hmmmm who was in the Championship Game last year? Though its great to see that Blazer is having an amazing year, he had a fantastic year last year here too. I know we wont see lacrosse here in Arizona again, but its nice to see or boys meshing nicely with other teams to make a difference.

18. PhillySoldier

PhillySoldier New Member

:D

Ya know us Wings fans, we just wanna **** everyone off.... Just riling ya up... :rotfl:

19. Dawson6Rules

Dawson6Rules New Member

Here's a thought....Maybe you should show gratitude to the ownership of the Coyotes. I mean get real. You are mad at them because they decided to get rid of an NLL team? Give me a break. Look at the situation for what it is. You have a hockey team which has endured multiple owners and lost millions of dollars in 10 years. You have an NHL team which has lost 30 million last year alone! The Predators lost a reported 6 million and were ready to sell so that shows how rediculous the losses are. Your owners are willing to take that kind of hit to keep it in your city, and you are mad about an NLL team? Be grateful you have the teams that you have. Here in Portland it is the Blazers and Jax, and who knows how long that will last. I think it is extremely shortsighted of you to rip the Coyotes. I would than the ownership that they are willing to endure what they have because they believe in the city. The NLL is small beans compared to that. When that team moves then what will you complain about? if you are lucky the Coyotes will survive, become prosperous and then you can revisit the NLL. Otherwise we'll gladly take the NHL from you (like we almost did) Learn to walk before you run.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  20. jerseycollector

jerseycollector New Member

r u nuts

posted by "dawson6rules
    ]Your owners are willing to take that kind of hit to keep it in your city, and you are mad about an NLL team? Be grateful you have the teams that you have. Here in Portland it is the Blazers and Jax, and who knows how long that will last. I think it is extremely shortsighted of you to rip the Coyotes. I would than the ownership that they are willing to endure what they have because they believe in the city. The NLL is small beans compared to that. When that team moves then what will you complain about? if you are lucky the Coyotes will survive, become prosperous and then you can revisit the NLL. Otherwise we'll gladly take the NHL from you (like we almost did) Learn to walk before you run. "

wake up, they arent staying here because they believe in the city. they're locked in to a contract w/ the city of glendale. the city paid to build the arena and the coyotes are committed to a set amount of yrs before they can move. if the team is sold it cant be moved, you'll never see them in portland.
    the penalty fee to abandon the arena/lease would cost more then the fee for a new nhl team.

they can only stay and play or close the organization. nobodies gonna buy the team. bad management in an arena on the out skirts of town.

they'd been out of here along time ago if they didnt have to pay the city of glendale a few $100 mil.

they could careless about the fans and the city. we arent short sighted, we know first hand about a**holes managing coyotes