ILIndoor NLL Top 50 (Pre-2014)

Discussion in 'ILIndoor Forum' started by Vin, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Of the guys left, IMO:

1. Billings
    2. Rubisch
    3. Vinc
    4. Dickson
    5. Duch
    6. Evans
    7. Grant
    8. Shattler
    9. Jamieson

However, Jordan MacIntosh is the best player in the world. Versatility and flexibility win you games, and with the roster condensation, it's more important than ever. No player on the planet is more versatile than MacIntosh, and not only is he flexible, he does every role well and has every possible skill for every runner position in the NLL, whether it's shooting, passing, speed, strength, defence, loosies, faceoffs, PP, PK, you name it. The fact that this list puts Cody Jamieson into the top 10 instead of him tells me that the writers overvalue offence. Expect players like Rubisch and Dickson to be behind players like Jamieson even though the former clearly do far more to help their teams win. Seriously, take Matt Vinc off that Knighthawks squad and we're talking about how the Knighthawks have had arguably the worst drafting in the NLL the past 10 years. Passing on Jones, MacIntosh, and Coates to take Keogh, passing on Rubisch and Dickson for Jamieson, and worst of all, passing on Billings, Leblanc, Beers, Corbeil, and Mydske to take one of the most sluggish players in the NLL in Smith, who by the way belongs nowhere near even a top 100 players list, let alone top 50.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Yeah? One shutdown defenseman is worth more than a ~2 goal per game ~5 point per game attacker? Especially a lefty attacker that sees the floor and feeds well enough to make all of his wingmates better?

It's an interesting theory, but, I dunno if I agree with you.

3. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Active Member

This is now the second time youve unsuccesfully tried to claim the knighthawks suck and now you try to pick on jamieson? You claim that dickson and rubisch do more to help their team win, yet jamieson has two straight championship game mvps. I agree macintosh is good i wouldnt say hes the best in the world and i would honestly rather have a floor general like jamieson.

4. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

I think you can argue the point for Rubisch as when you look at these top 10 ratings he is the only defender in the top 10 and to win games it doesn't matter how you win them either with offensive and defensive. And I would go on to say that I would take Vinc over any player in the world right now to put on my team as I know I am going to get a goalie that can give me a shot to win every single game.

5. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Wait, you actually think Jamieson was the MVP both the Hawks' championships? Jamieson had a fantastic game in 2012, 8 points is no joke, but Vinc was otherworldy. He stopped 46 of 52 shots, a near 90% save percentage, anytime a goaltender puts on that kind of a show, he's the clear MVP. The Rush dominated the Hawks on the field, outshooting them 52 to 35, forcing turnovers left and right, and had the Hawks defence on the run all game long. The difference is that in net during the second half, Bold choked allowing nearly half the shots directed at the net in, and Vinc had arguably the single greatest performance in NLL history. In 2013, Joe Walters was the one generating the most offence and scored the championship winning goal, he should've been named MVP.

Cody Jamieson is a good floor general and decent goal scorer, but very one dimensional. Kyle Rubisch isn't just some shutdown defender, he's arguably the best shutdown defenceman in NLL history at 24 years old. He's consistently among league leaders and first among defencemen in loose balls, is by far the best player in the league at forcing turnovers, and does all this playing against the opposing team's best offensive player every shift. There's a reason almost every elite lefty scorer sees their numbers drop when they play the Rush. Curtis Dickson doesn't just score goals, he kills penalties, he sets screens, he plays physical, he forces turnovers (second to only Shawn Evans), is the epitome of clutch, and contributes in numerous other ways Jamieson can only dream of. He's probably the most complete forward in the NLL, and you almost just expect him to have scored the winning goal when you go look at highlights.

6. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right, and having the best shutdown defender is a huge boon to any team

If I can't have both, I think having a top 5 lefty attacker is probably just as huge.

7. MCO Titans

MCO Titans Banned

Agreed, I would take Vinc before anyone else in the league, too. Listing him at #9 is a bit off base, Top 5 at the worst, more like top 3 if your trying to appease the offense first foks.

8. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Garrett Billings out of the top 5 and Cody Jamieson in the top 2. I think it's fair to dismiss this list as a joke by now.

smurf666 likes this.
  9. P-Boro Fan

P-Boro Fan New Member

This list is compiled by those with In-depth experience in box lacrosse. They call it as THEY see it. It's sad that you view it as something so definitive and that you're so upset because your man-crushes aren't being placed higher. Get over it or get a life. It's your choice bro!

10. k-hawksfan33

I don't know why I can't figure this out but who's gonna be number 1?

11. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

Shawn Evans

12. k-hawksfan33

Oh yea don't know how I forgot about him. My top 10 would probably be

10. Shawn evans
    9. Jordan macintosh
    8. Dan dawson
    7. Rhys duch
    6. Curtis dickson
    5. Cody jamieson
    4. Kyle rubisch
    3. Matt vinc
    2. John grant jr
    1. Garrett billings

13. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

Would agree with you list if Shawn Evans and Dickson were switch.

14. Vin

Vin Active Member

Final Breakdown of the Top 50 by Team and Position

Here's the final breakdown of the Top 50 by team and position:

Code:
    [SIZE=4][b]
           G   F  T  D  TOTAL[/b]

BUF   0   3  1  1    5

CGY   0   5  1  0    6

COL   0   4  0  0    4

EDM   1   2  0  3    6

MIN   0   1  4  1    6