Impatient for expansion announcements

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Has anyone heard anything about NY/SF/Boston? Were both San Diego and Philly announced last September, or did it drag on a bit?

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

They will probably be announced next year
    Next season is Halifax and Rochester

3. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

In order for a new team to play starting for 2019-20 season, they need to be accepted by the league by October 31, 2018. That was the deadline last year for the Wings and Seals to join in order to play starting the 2018-19 season. That appears to be the precedent set by the commissioner.

So look for something this month for new teams to join Halifax and Rochester (sort of new) for 2019-20; otherwise it will be a while (like 9 months approx.) to hear anything about new teams for the 2020-21 season.

4. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Good to know about the October 31 deadline. Thanks!

5. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

Nick said on a video on NLL Facebook page that they have two more teams by the end of the year. Also LaxPhilly is spreading a ton of rumours about potneil cities now that he thinks that Marisa twitter girl took credit for his rumours.

6. Hollywood42

Laxphilly is run by delusional individuals who are extremely unprofessional

7. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

True story. I'd pay attention to 100 Marisa tweets before 1 from LaxPhilly.

8. toad455

toad455 Member

I think New York is in for 2019-20, plus one more(Boston? Dallas?) to get to 14 teams. San Francisco & either Boston/Dallas get added for 2020-21 to get to 16 teams.

9. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

gonna be football scores if that **** happens

RockStar likes this.
  10. Ziel37

Ziel37 New Member

It's pretty much guaranteed that the next 4 cities are Boston, New York, San Francisco, and Dallas (sorry Edmonton). It's just a matter of who's next. I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and say that it's Boston for next season based on the trademarks. I think the second team will be San Fran to come either next year with the new arena or the year after. Then New York and Dallas.

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

As Gary Vaynerchuk says, Be ******* Patient.

:D

12. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

Does San Francisco seem as random as San Diego to anyone else or is there something I am missing?

13. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

New arena opening in San Francisco and the Warriors need to fill arena dates.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  14. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

I like the new arena and the ownership. Are the Warriors leaving Oakland for San Fran?

15. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Yes...

[​IMG]

16. toad455

toad455 Member

The Warriors are also rumored to be eyeing a WNBA franchise as well to fill the arena in the summer.

17. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Fill arena Dates... not the arena.

18. How confident are we that the Swarm will even remain in Georgia and the Black Wolves in Connecticut? Some of these candidate expansion cities may opt instead for a relocation franchise.

Edmonton, SF, and Dallas make the most sense out West to add to Vancouver, Calgary, Saskatchewan, SD, and Colorado. Halifax, Montreal, Boston, Long Island, and DC/Baltimore sound good in the East with Buffalo, Toronto, and Philly. This would give us 8 in each division.

19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Considering that the Black Wolves are doing well given their arena size plus that their business model is different, I doubt they will go anywhere. This will be their 5th season.

20. Hollywood42

1 team in California is enough for now