Important Dates Coming Up for the Seals

Discussion in 'San Diego Seals Forum' started by Corporal, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if the GM and coach were Casey Powell and Gary Gait. It's also interesting in that Syracuse has a women's lax game on April 14 in Syracuse so Grandpa Gait has to high-tail it to San Diego after his game.

I guess Grandpa Gait could be in San Diego to be named coach on April 4 and then get to Baltimore for his women's game on April 5.

3. anaconda

anaconda Member

Pat Merrill

RockStar likes this.
  4. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

The excitement is killing me.
    Fun fact the Seals name was available because every team to ever use it failed.

5. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

AS LONG AS THEY DON'T TAKE MY BELOVED JAKE BERGEY AWAY FROM PHILADELPHIA, WHOEVER THEY PICK AS HEAD COACH IS FINE BY ME.

MAYBE THEY'LL PICK ANDREW GUINDON TO COACH THE TEAM AND AGUINDON14 CAN RETURN TO THE MESSAGE BOARDS :)

6. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Funny you happen to have brought that up. I was on yesterday and happened to see that his user name was logged in.

7. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

scouting for fans

8. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

WILL THE SUPERMODEL WITH NO PANTS BE AT ANY OF THE SEALS PRESS CONFERENCES?

9. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

10. swami24

Well... it's a white guy...:rolleyes:

11. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

First guess was Pat Merrill. It's maybe a pretty good guess.

12. chuckster

Judging by the neck, it's not Jim Veltman. ;)

swami24 likes this.
  13. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

14. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So does this mean he's done working at the Hill Academy?

15. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Good question, I don't know what the salaries are of those GM positions and how demanding it is on time. I see the Hill has lots of current NLL players on staff (R. O'Connor, K. Jackson, Acton & Magnan) in addition to Brodie as the head coach

16. chuckster

It's interesting that just like the Wings, the Seals have hired 1 guy to be both coach and GM. And unlike Paul Day in Philly, Merrill has no experience as a coach or as a GM in the NLL.

Maybe Govett will guide Merrill through it or be that other voice in the room when it comes time to player evaluations, trades, and the drafts but I think it's alot to ask someone to do both jobs with no experience at either at the pro level (I know Merrill is coaching Jr. A but that's a different gig than what he's going to work with in the NLL).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  17. swami24

I am sure Govett will be the real GM for the first couple of years.

18. New Fan

New Fan Member

Great hire. Outstanding coach at the JRA level. Time for new young blood and to dispel the bs that just because you haven’t coached at the NLL it will be hard. Time to send the best before date old boys out to pasture.

Prime example was the constant hype on what a great lacrosse mind Curt Malawsky is a HC.
    Four losing seasons with the talent he has. Mind boggling he’s still there.