Important Forum Rules - Please Read!

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by JSap, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSap

JSap Administrator

As we have had several threads devolve into personal attacks lately (thankfully, most of the threads calmed down on their own), I thought it was a good time to remind everyone of the statement that has to be agreed to in order to post on this board:

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page. Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form.

Although the administrators and moderators of National Lacrosse League Message Board will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of National Lacrosse League Message Board or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of National Lacrosse League Message Board have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

1. Messages which are inciteful, incendiary, or otherwise counter-productive regarding an opposing team or player, in any forum other than that corresponding to the poster's team of choice, are strictly prohibited.

2. Messages which are inciteful, incendiary, or otherwise counter-productive regarding any member of this message board are strictly prohibited.

3. Replies to messages described above are strongly discouraged and will be subject to disciplinary action as appropriate.

4. A first violation of this policy will result in a suspension of the offender's account for no more than seven days. Subsequent violations will result in permanent removal. The administration reserves the right to advance to permanent removal in event of extenuating circumstances.

Please keep these rules in mind when making posts - we don't like to have to intervene, but we will suspend accounts when necessary. Thank you.

JSap

2. raphilly

raphilly New Member

FYI - Spamming is prohibited

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS OF THE NLL MESSAGE BOARD

The act of posting the same or nearly-similar messages to the majority of forums on this message board is considered spamming and is not permitted. When there is strong commercial motivation behind the spamming or there is an attempt to undermine the message board or one of its sponsoring sites through spamming, it's an even more serious offense.

-----

What happened today is not proper. Yes, some message board administrators allow it, and some don't. We do not. If you have any reason to believe that what you're doing might not be allowed, ask me or JSap. Phil's new here, but as a long-time webmaster and msg board admin, he should know better.

This happens fairly regularly anymore, it seems, and I can't understand why anyone can believe that it's necessarily acceptable to post the same thing as many as 21 times. It's no different than the junk emailer who thinks its a good strategy to dump 8-12 copies of the same message in my inbox every few days. I don't want to read the same NLLMB post twenty times any more than I want to read email pleas from Nigerian Treasury Minister Ndu Mugabe, to get my bank account number.

R.A.

3. raphilly

raphilly New Member

Today would be a good day to post a friendly reminder that spamming is prohibited on the message board.

In case you missed it the first time...
    SPAMMING IS PROHIBITED ON THE MESSAGE BOARD.

Anyone who can not comprehend that sentence, please email me at raphilly@yahoo.com and I'll take you through it one word at a time.

R.A.

4. raphilly

raphilly New Member

A not-so-friendly-anymore reminder.

SPAMMING THE MESSAGE BOARD IS PROHIBITED... today, tomorrow, and next week alike. Offenders may begin to find their posting privileges REVOKED. Consider this your warning.

If you do not understand what this thread says and what it means, I will be glad to enlighten you. The email address is raphilly@yahoo.com.

R.A.

5. raphilly

raphilly New Member

Let's talk briefly...

...about the Terms of Use all of you agreed to as a condition of using this message board.

This isn't like those "other" message boards out there. This board is actively moderated and we hold the discussion on here to a particularly high standard. That is in large part because this board carries the name of a league which we all like and enjoy and would not want to sully the reputation of.

I am reminding all of you, hopefully for the last time and preferably without having to ban anyone, that if you post a message which qualifies as any of the following, it may be removed... and so, too, could you:

Obscene, vulgar, containing sexual language, racist, sexist, bigoted, spam, promoting illegal activity, threatening, harassing, personal attack, posting under another username to get around a suspension or permanent ban, or intended to start or continue a flame war. (this is not an exhaustive list)

Remember, too, that John and I maintain the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, and that the moderators are authorized to do the same on our behalf.

Questions, comments and concerns can be directed to John and I at: nllmb AT wingszone DOT com.

R.A.

6. raphilly

raphilly New Member

I'm pleased that I haven't had to post a refresher in this thread for TWO YEARS, but the policy remains unchanged...

The act of posting the same or nearly-similar messages to the majority of forums on this message board is considered SPAMMING and is NOT PERMITTED.

I'm not interested in singling anyone out, since I don't think there was any ill intent today. But, as a few of you know, I am spending too much time each day sniffing out REAL spammers on here; I'd rather not be worrying about y'all posting something to every forum. It's not necessary. We have the "NLL News and Rumors" forum for a reason. If your target audience isn't reading that forum, it probably isn't reading the other forums, either.

As always, I am available to explain this policy at length if there are any questions... raphilly@yahoo.com.

R.A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.