1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

is ben mcintosh mvp worthy?

Discussion in 'Saskatchewan Rush Forum' started by dougm, Jan 13, 2018.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

really, i have to ask this because he is so far. when he was at drexel, i could not figure why he was not 1st team AA. but this winter, he has been nothing short of great.

2. He tends to be the receipient of good passes/plays, but if you notice he tends to just hang out on the side of the crease and wait. He doesn't seem to direct the play, just react to it, that is why I wouldn't vote him MVP over someone like Matthews or any number of guys who do it all or take the team on their back singlehandedly.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I don't see as much of the Rush as I'd like, but based on the small sample size I've seen I wouldn't even name McIntosh as the MVP of the Rush. Mind you that's not really a knock on him cause he is a valuable member of the Rush, but he's not more valuable to the team than Church or Matthews are in my opinion.

4. Agreed! Church is okay, but MVP of Rush would have to be Matthews, or Dilks as well.

5. The Wack

The Wack Member

I would agree that MacIntosh isn't as MVP worth as someone like Matthews but to say he tends to be the receipient of good passes/plays is a bit misleading as MacIntosh is one of the best offball players in the NLL if not the best. He work offball to getting himself and teammates open is what leads to over 90% of his scoring chances. He is a player that doesn't need the ball in his stick for more than a second to score as he done all his work to get open before he even touches the ball.

6. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

As a proud former Drexel Dragon... I'd still say no

7. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

One of the best off ball players thanks to his skill in close and ability to set smart picks to produce options for everyone else. That being said, Matthews is the player the offense revolves around, and players like Church, McIntosh, Keenan, Knight, Shattler etc, while having great seasons, wouldn't be nearly as productive without Matthews consistently demanding the attention of multiple defenders.

Roughnecks Fan #1 likes this.
  8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I agree. And it's why I think Mark Matthews is a much better player in lacrosse right now than Tom Schreiber (who some magazines have said is the best player).

9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Schreiber is more athletic and, at his best, might even shoot better than Matthews. This said, he cannot run a whole squad and feed at anywhere nearly that kind of level.

If I was building an attack unit around one guy, it would be Matthews.