Is it goodbye lacrosse?

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by New Fan, Jan 21, 2017.

1. wacklax

wacklax Member

Abbotsford did the same kind of thing with the Heat of the ahl. Cost them boatloads of money.A break even point of 3500 tells you that it is a pretty sweet deal there for the stealth even without the ticket guarantee.

2. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

Our back end badly needs to step it up, dropping games we have no business losing at the pace we're scoring. I don't thing Belanger is all that bad of a goalie really, just needs his defense to step it up in front of him.

3. wacklax

wacklax Member

Offense needs to play a full 60 minutes. That would help too.

4. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

That place is empty tonight

5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

is it me, or do they play better without billings?

6. Hollywood42

I forgot he was in the league

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

what a drop off, eh?

a few years ago, he has a crack at the scoring title until the final week despite missing the last games.

now, he's one cog in a somewhat dysfunctional machine.

I think I may have been the only Rock fan that saw the Crowley rental as the best choice a couple years back.

8. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

It is really unfortunate. I'm just getting back into the sport and I'll be super bummed if we lose our team again. Hope that arena starts filling soon, hopefully it'll be better if they manage to get into the playoffs.

9. wacklax

wacklax Member

pretty sad actually. 8pm start does not help things much. To my eyeballs the crowd looked larger than the week before but maybe they are only counting tickets sold. Also , every game there are about 8 guys who just hang out on the railing right behind us. They never actually sit in their seats. That does not help with the crowd shots on camera.

10. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

What was the reported attendance for that game? It seemed a little more than half full to me. That being said the crowd is so dead they don't get into the game, its dissapointing I felt alone in my efforts to start any kind of chant

11. Hollywood42

their average attendance this season is 3,102 through 5 games
    their 2016 average was 3,758
    2015- 3,734
    2014- 3,590

12. The Wack

The Wack Member

With the crowd I feel there are couple parts to it. They have been horrible for there whole time in Vancouver that really haven't had any diehard fans, that create noise. I feel like half the fans that show up are lacrosse fans or fans of the other team, which doesn't help the Stealth. When I say lacrosse fans I mean people that show up to watch any lacrosse game. The final thing is I believe the LEC has horrible acoustic as their is just way to much open space at the top of the arena to drown out any noise being made.

mooseantlers likes this.
  13. Rock Rulz

Rock Rulz Member

I was right downtown Vancouver on West Hastings.
    I have family in Surrey and it only takes them about 20 minutes

14. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

I still think moving them further east is a great idea. Abbotsford or Chilliwack Stealth. People out in the valley don't consider themselves Vancouverites and for that you may get more casual fans that come out to cheer a local team.. Or wherever the BC lacrosse hotbed is. It makes no sense to tap into the Vancouver market.

15. They can only fit like 4,500 in the arena, right?

16. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Capacity is 5200~5300 range, don't recall the exact number.

17. It's pretty sad that they can't even fill the place when they only have around 5,000 seats.

18. unspoken

unspoken Member

The Stealth's play by play announcer tweeted that they had over 5000 fans in the building for a high school basketball game this weekend.

19. New Fan

New Fan Member

I think that might have been over the entire 6 day tournament.

20. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

after tonight, yeah i think so.