Is it goodbye lacrosse?

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by New Fan, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Agreed. He`s damaged goods at this point.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Has Billings been a healthy scratch the last couple of games, or is he injured again?

3. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

I'm loving Belanger

4. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Same here. He's been a revelation this season.

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Wrong Way Feldman just doesn't do Langley. Darn.

Hollywood42 likes this.
  7. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Probably the same "old school lax" guy who wrote to the Province last week complaining about the LEC being "too noisy". For people who are used to a rough sport, they sure are a bunch of whiners.

RockStar likes this.
  8. Hollywood42

If there is 1500 people in that building tonight I would be shocked blue seats all over sad

9. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

And then those people who didn't show up and support the team will bemoan the lack of an NLL team when they relocate. It's depressing as hell.

10. New Fan

New Fan Member

I'm watching game. Up 7-6 at the half and Buffalo scored 6 goals in the 3rd. Now officially giving up on this team. Neither the Stealth or Roughnecks deserve a playoff game, but one of them will.

11. unspoken

unspoken Member

Perhaps the NLL should adopt the CFL's crossover rule for playoffs. If the 4th seed in the East has a better record than the 3rd seed in the West, the East team goes to the playoffs and plays the 2nd seed in the west in the first round.

12. Hollywood42

They did have it a few years ago when Minnesota was a western team

13. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

And this right here is why Vancouver sports fans have such an awful reputation. Fickle people who can't weather the storm.in hard times.. How we've kept the Canucks is beyond me. People like you put a bad image for sports in Vancouver

14. New Fan

New Fan Member

First of all I don't live in BC. I meant I am giving up selecting them in Fantasy lacrosse forum. Wanted to keep picking them but killing my record. On your Canucks I'm surprised more haven't given up on them. Have they won a Stanley Cup yet?

15. theSloth

theSloth Member

Well, I do live in Greater Vancouver, and I support the Stealth. Sort of. I was a STH the first 2 years, and didn't really feel like I got my money's worth, and felt obligated to attend games, because I'm cheap, and didn't want to waste the tickets. And they're not even that easy to give away. Last year, I only attended the games I wanted to attend. This year, on Cyber Monday, I got 7 games for 1/2 price, and paid full price for the other 2 games. I don't feel obligated to support a team, just because it's in my home town, and I don't feel obligated to attend games that I am almost guaranteed to go home with that, 'disappointed' feeling again. The Stealth traded draft picks until Christ returns, for players who haven't produced, and are just plain disappointing to watch most of the time. I enjoy watching teams like NE and Georgia, streamed... probably more than watching Van in that more than half-empty arena.

That's just me. I am one of those people who love watching WLA games in the summer, and almost any day of the week, and can pick from 4 ( 5 if I want to drive to Maple Ridge ) easy to reach places to watch a game. I've taken the ferry to Victoria to watch playoff and Mann Cup games. I expect, and accept that all the lower mainland rinks will be empty, and I don't care.

You can call me fickle, if you like, I've been called worse. But, I just don't usually get that much enjoyment out of going to Stealth games. I used to drive down to Everett, a couple times a season, and stay overnight, and I loved it there. The crowds were awesome, and there was actually stuff to see on the concourse. And good food.

I was a huge cheerleader when I heard they were coming to Vancouver. I don't feel like I'm letting anyone else down. I feel like I've been let down.

[​IMG]

cdngoalie likes this.
  16. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

This. As much as I dislike the NLL game, I did enjoy going to Everett to watch games there because it was a really nice arena. So it made up for the neagtives. Much, much better for vibe than even the Canucks arena (whatever GM Place is called now). I dunno, it seems that Seattle and Everett really know how to do game-day right, based on the sports events I've gone to down there. Ever since I started following MLB a few years back and hit Safeco for a couple games a year, Safeco is like sports crack for me.

RockStar likes this.
  17. Vin

Vin Active Member

So, if I asked you to create a list of reasons, they would be....?
    1. The team sucks.
    2. Lack of happy atmosphere due to sparse attendance.
    3. Arena is not as sophisticated (have stuff available) as arena in Everett did.
    ... and so these things give you a sense of not getting your money's worth.
    But, the traveling was not an issue for you....

18. Vin

Vin Active Member

I honestly don't know because I don't have enough data points, but, compared to seeing games in the US, the game I saw in Toronto I believe in 2007 against Philly was relatively subdued - and that game was highly attended as I had to sit with my buddy in the very top row of the ACC. I can't help but wonder if this is something of a cultural difference between Americans and Canadians... which is funny in a way because, Lord (Stanley) knows, Canadians play with passion in the NLL and NHL...

19. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Ya know, the music is blaring, and the announcer is doing enough hollering for any 10,000 fans............I'm a die hard, but, I just quietly watch what's going on until there's a goal or a big hit.

:)

20. wacklax

wacklax Member

I am the same as rockstar

People would drive to everett (2.5) hours but the drive across the river is way too much of a hassle
    The toll is way too much money but parking for an event in the city is like 35 bucks.