Is it goodbye lacrosse?

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by New Fan, Jan 21, 2017.

1. cdngoalie

cdngoalie Member

i use to work in GM place and Rogers and because of the riots i know they try to over control the atmosphere in that facility because they are know how quickly things are turn into a bad situation. I have witnessed at LEC during a stealth game a couple get beer dropped on them because the bone heads behind them were too drunk, then be told they should expect to have some alcohol dropped on them by accident. I am all for people having a good time just as long as it doesn't interfere with another guests experience. So maybe they LEC needs to take a more professional sports team approach to their venue and have fans moved to a different section who are disturbing another guest experience. The Stealth are having a much better season. So if the fans are still not coming out then maybe it is the venue and not organization. Free parking can only take you so far.

2. unspoken

unspoken Member

I'm all for promoting the party atmosphere of the NLL but that attitude is ridiculous. Have fun all you want but don't wreck other people's experience. I wonder if these clowns would say the same thing if it was 8 year old kids getting beer spilled on them. People like that don't need to be moved elsewhere in the building, they need to be ejected if they can't handle their liquor.

cdngoalie likes this.
  3. wacklax

wacklax Member

Spilling beer on innocent people is just plain ignorant and is behavior that should never be tolerated. As someone who sits in the top row I must say that the new ledge around the concourse is just a magnet for drunk tools to hang out nowhere near their seats and act like goofs. Always a gathering of drunk twentysomethings leaning over us from behind. As far as the fbombs goes I feel that if a friendly reminder to pipe down does not work then the" security " needs to take action. I am not a fan of some drunken goof ******* up my enjoyment of the game.

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I agree. Although I do like to laugh at the guy in my section who has a few adult beverages but doesn't know the rules of the game.

5. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

And yet the only place that gets a bad name for fan behavior is Philly.

6. Rock Rulz

Rock Rulz Member

Buffalo has a reputation as well

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Philly is like the Toronto of the south in terms of stupid behavior.

8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

What does Buffalo fan behavior have on par with booing Santa or throwing snowballs at Santa or throwing batteries at players or jumping over the glass to fight Tie Domi or cheering injuries to opposing players or firing a flare gun during a game or little kids drinking from beer bottles or forcibly vomiting on an 11 year old girl or booing Sarah Palin dropping a puck?

OK, that last one was justified. :p

9. swami24

Ask Bryan Bickell what he thinks of Philly fans.

10. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Rock games are mostly quite civilized.....had a few tussles in the days of big crowds, but, now, it's a high percentage of lacrosse people and season seat holders, fewer casuals....have not seen stupidity since a couple years ago, and before that, at least another couple years

wearing the wrong jersey to the 'cheap' seats at a Laff game can be hazardous to your health.

Football and baseball tend to involve more drinking than hockey, so beer fights are a possibility.

11. AmericanRockFan

I don't think I've heard of a fight in the stands at a Rock game since 2014, when I was watching on ESPN3 and saw most of the fans looking toward the camera side of the arena.

12. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

2014 would have been the one I remembered.

13. swami24

funny, the last I me I remember seeing a fight in the stands at a Flyers game was when bus loads of Leafs fans were all riled up causing crap. Also funny how media reported how a Flyers players touched gloves with Bickell after his shootout goal, but they didn't mention the long standing ovation during a break in the game that the fans gave him, nor how they also gave him another standing on after the he shoot out goal. Enough that bickell skated and raised his stick to the fans after the game. His wife was in tears. Yeah, don't report those wonderful moments caused by the fans in Philly.

14. swami24

Probably not the right place for the rant, but old school Vancouver fans probably most remember the Flyers for a bad brawl back in the 70s that went to the stands.

15. AmericanRockFan

....and the last time I remember almost seeing a fight in the stands at a sporting event in Philadelphia was because I was the one who almost started it o_O

16. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

boston at buffalo when the blazers ended the streak. buffalo fans took the loss in stride, right?

17. swami24

Penguins fan punched a blue jackets player last night... will the rep change?

18. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

yeah, but, he must've originally hailed from Philly

19. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

gotta chuckle over that one.

20. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

I truthfully cannot believe how worked up folks can get about the fact that some people cheer for a different team.

Dunno. I never start &hi+.

I have ended it a time or two, but, never started it.

My favourite ending was a c--- pickle of a lady Bandits fan sitting behind me in the 2010 playoff game. Rock stunk out the joint in the first half, so, she was chirping all of my group mercilessly.

Tides turned in the second half, and, when the Rock caught up and started pulling ahead, I started repeatedly and annoyingly mangling Swennie-isms whenever something bad happened to the Bandits.

She was in tears by about halfway through the fourth :D