Is It True???

Discussion in 'Chicago Shamrox Forum' started by Doyle44, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Doyle44

Doyle44 New Member

I just heard that Chicago has folded? I wonder how long this franchise will sit doormat for?

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Sources. We need sources.

3. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

A bit curious but there was a thread about this subject in the NLL News and Rumors Forum this weekend. I remember replying to it and posting this story this past Sunday night:

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3627927

The funny thing is that thread is now gone. Maybe there is something more to this than meets the eye. :confused:

4. Doyle44

Doyle44 New Member

No you don't need sources. You can believe it if you like, but it's true!

5. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

or maybe the fact that the LFL was mentioned caused the thread to get pulled.

6. Bretmac

Bretmac Active Member

Not true Anthony cosmo was in at a local sports store and was talking about how the team is looking on sunday so unless things have changed in a day i doubt it

7. Doyle44

Doyle44 New Member

Yes, things do change in a day, just ask Coz.
    This is the NLL we are talking about not the NFL or NHL.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
  8. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

no its not true for gods sake
    the schedule is set in stone for all teams
    they are selling tickets
    and the season starts in 3 weeks

9. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

There is that for sure, but then again there are a lot more crazy threads that have not been taken down. Still like to see another source or two.

10. Doyle44

Doyle44 New Member

Source: Is legit, trust me.

11. Hollywood42

i just checked ticket master
    tickets are available

so i mean you must have a source that states they are folding because with out them you just look like a jack@ss

12. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i have no info but the bigger concern is not the franchise but the arena. as i recall, loughery owns both and given the state of financing, one wonders if he is having troubles paying back the debt.

13. Doyle44

Doyle44 New Member

And now the name calling starts from Philly fans!
    2 players have confirmed it.

14. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

It's definitely not unprecendented. Remember Vancouver suspended operations around December 15, 2004 just a couple weeks before the 2005 season started. The league had to redo the schedule and the Ravens' players were dispersed within days.

15. Hollywood42

you know it
    next comes the snowballs and booing santa

16. sjwingsfan77

sjwingsfan77 New Member

where's there smoke there's fire just because they are selling tickets doesn't mean anything hell my parents got wigns seaston tickets last year and a month later the league ''cancels'' the season.

Remeber a team in Arizona called the Sting

17. cw7

cw7 New Member

I wonder how much money Popeyedolyle wants to bet that Chicago is finished? Sounds like he has the inside track. Speaking of inside tracks, I would think the writers at NLL Insider would be on this one in a hurry, but nothing on the site just yet.

18. Hollywood42

this same thread was started a few days ago but the thread was removed in the news and rumors section

i dunno though

vancouvers situation was different

they flat out had no home arena since thier lease wasnt renewed so they had to cease operations 2 weeks before the season

19. Bretmac

Bretmac Active Member

If its true it would be announced...thier is not enough time for a dispersal draft seeing as training camps are done

20. Phil Ex

Phil Ex New Member

Posted Story

I saw the posted story before it was removed and it was dated April 22 2008. So the story seems to be dated. I would wait to see what plays out instead of jumping the gun.