is there a new greatest goalie of all time?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by dougm, May 12, 2018.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

there are few bigger dallas eliuk fans than me but i am reconsidering that title should now go to matt vinc. he has been such a consistent force and better yet, is a money goalie. if there was no vinc, do the titans even have a playoff spot, or the khawks 3 cup run?

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Nope. As a fan, I don't see anyone being more.exciting to watch. Position goalies are effective, but not as exciting to watch. The game needs goalies with flare, not Michillen men who don't move

Hollywood42 likes this.
  3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

in terms of entertainment value, i go dallas. looking at results, vinc can challenge dallas and watson.

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Vinc is right up there with Eliuk and Watson. But I bet there is at least 1 Hawks fan that will say he's not good anymore. :rolleyes:

5. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

For thwingsfans......sucks.

6. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Vinc is a generational talent at his position, and, he's the only active tender that I can imagine possibly earning as many rings as Watson by the time he retires. I am going to say that Vinc has been the league's best, or close to it, for every year since the Watson era. Maybe he was even a viable candidate for the best before that era was over.

7. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Make the pads smaller or nets bigger and we’ll see how good today’s goalies really are

That east final was boring I ended up going out on the porch to watch a storm then watching the rest of the 4th

8. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

A 9-8 game is just fine.

You get the scores up to 17-16, and it's like watching college basketball on turf.

9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I prefer it. Plenty of goals, forces the shooters to try to get inside, resulting in more crashing and banging, fewer whistles, fewer faceoffs...

BestSeatinHouse likes this.
  10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I don't mind the occasional shootout, but I think I like games that are closer to 12-10 than I do games that are 20-19.

11. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

I think you mean the nba, which is far more high scoring than college basketball.

12. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Nope, I meant NCAA as a scoring comparison. It's not unheard of to see a defensive college game where a team only makes 16 or 17 FG's from the floor, while scoring the rest from the free throw line.

13. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Go digging around the Rochester board and see how pissed off Hawks fans were when they traded for Vinc. He is top 3 for sure best goalie I have ever watched from Jr days though pro.

BestSeatinHouse likes this.
  14. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I feel like it wasn't until the second season of Vinc in Rochester that Knighthawks fans started to appreciate him. For most of 2011 it seemed like he was just 'the guy they traded Grant for.'