Is This For Real....?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Canadan, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Canadan

Canadan New Member

The Rock have REPORTEDLY traded Craig Conn, BOB WATSON, Peter Lough a 1st and 2nd rounder in 2010 to Edmonton for Dan Teat, Scott Self, Steve Dietrich, Shane Bennett and a 3rd rounder in 2010.:doh::eek:

** I SAW THIS ON THE UNOFFICIAL OLA SITE, so, I'm taking it with a grain of salt, can someone confirm or deny this deal?**

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty big. At the same time I don't really believe it, however it is deadline day.... I think? So I wouldn't be completely surprised if it were true.

3. Canadan

Canadan New Member

Like I said in another thread, when the Rock win a game (this season) someone gets cut or traded. Scott Self is a Peterborough Laker...the plot thickens.......

4. DrewDog

DrewDog New Member

hopefully whoever posted this on that ola just got into the St. Patty's fun a little too early.

on the other hand, I thought Conn has played well in the games I've seen, so it would make sense for MK to trade him

5. giper

giper New Member

pretty one sided in edmonton's favour. I have my doubts but with MK you never know.

6. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

that better not be true......

7. Lenape Lacrosse

Lenape Lacrosse New Member

I hope this isn't true. Dietrich's simply out of shape and isn't a big game player - just ask the Buffalo Bandits, and that was when he was in his prime. Ask the Roughnecks and the Rush how good he is today. I could see Dietrich as a back up for the rest of this season (he'd be better than Attwood), but only if someone better could be found in the off season. He was never an even swap for Watson, even at his peak.

Self for Lough is a good trade, as Self can really add to the transition game and has an energetic defensive style. The Rock come out ahead here.

Teat for Conn is debatable; Conn hasn't produced the numbers he has in the past, but he's showing fire, and isn't that far into his comeback - he may reclaim his touch later. I do like Teat, but I'm not sure he'll add all that much to the Rock's O, which needs either an offensive coordinator or someone charging the net (especially if Conn's gone).

I don't know much about Shane Bennett, though I believe he was on the Salmonbellies in the 08 Mann Cup. He didn't leave me with any lasting impressions, good or bad.

As for the draft picks, this is further Kloepfer comedy that makes me very proud to be an ex-season ticket holder.

If this rumour is true, Watson for Dietrich and the draft pick swapping undoes the deal for me.

Here's the best trade I can think of for the Rock: Kloepfer for Darris Kilgour. Every man has his price - find it!

8. fandit

fandit Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyone have a link?

9. DrewDog

DrewDog New Member

10. Ifireun

Ifireun New Member

Well, this "blockbuster" trade, if confirmed, has me thinking that Kloepfer is getting a two-week head start on April Fool's Day. :doh:

11. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

If only.

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

If this is true, it's one former goalie of the year who's near the end of his career for another one, but Dietrich has had injury issues the last couple of years. With Teat and Self, the Rock get a proven scorer and a solid defender, but that's what Conn and Lough are.

Edmonton is taking the chance that Conn will be what he once was, and Toronto is doing the same on Dietrich. Of those two, my money's on Conn.

Even if Teat+Self is an improvement over Conn+Lough, it isn't much of one, and the goaltending is worse. I hope this rumour turns out false.

13. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

WOW

if this is true it is a great way to start trade deadline day in the NLL :cool:

14. luv_manning

luv_manning New Member

Why trade Watson, he is probably starting to consider retirement and its not like he played badly in Boston. Maybe they should be getting him a proper backup and then allow him to retire with grace in Toronto where he has been all along.
    I am starting to think someone is betting against the Rock and gets mad when they win a game and the bet gets lost.

15. thrillis

thrillis New Member

getting rid of watson is the dumbest move toronto can make this year.

sure his career may be over, but at least he still has flashes of brilliance (this past weekend), the brightest flash of brilliance dietrich has had the last 2 years is maybe getting stunned by a reporters flash taking pictures in the corner of the boards.

at this point id buy season tickets for 3 years if the rock simply promised to fire kloepfer.

16. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

rocker23 breaks news hours before insider does so if its true id wait for his/her annoucement

17. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

:rotfl:

18. luv_manning

luv_manning New Member

This could be their new promotion :rolleyes:

19. DrewDog

DrewDog New Member

you're just happy cause you get more chances to say Whipper :p

20. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

i would much rather watson gets to retire with toronto. I am sure they can think of a better trade to make than this one.