Is This For Real....?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Canadan, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Canadan

Canadan New Member

2. DrewDog

DrewDog New Member

n/p :)

neither had I, and I didn't know where to start looking either :p

3. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

i am so bored waiting to hear about trades...i am sure at least one trade must have happened

4. FOGO

FOGO New Member

Good thing the NLL site news article told us to check back often for all the breaking news!

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

The Trade Deadline for the 2009 National Lacrosse League season arrived earlier this afternoon at 3pm Eastern. A couple of deals were made at the wire, and will be announced as soon as the normal processing of the paperwork is completed. Check back to NLL.com for updates on today's trade activity.

6. atauserk

atauserk New Member

03/17/2009
    EDMONTON RUSH: Have traded Steve Dietrich to the Toronto Rock in exchange for their second round selection in the 2009 Entry Draft.

On the NLL transactions page

7. Lenape Lacrosse

Lenape Lacrosse New Member

EDMONTON RUSH: Have traded Steve Dietrich to the Toronto Rock in exchange for their second round selection in the 2009 Entry Draft.

This is a realistic trade - Dietrich will be a more reliable back up than Attwood, though I'm still not sure Dietrich has all that much to offer. The thought of losing Conn before he had a meaningful chance to hit his stride, and a whole whack of draft picks, also made me queasy. For once the worst case scenario hasn't come to pass!

8. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

i don't think he is worth a first round draft pick

9. Hollywood42

second round pick

10. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

my bad

11. Canadan

Canadan New Member

As of 6:17 EST, that was the only trade reported.

12. Hollywood42

for the rock yes

minnesota dealt cromwell
    ny dealt rooney
    rochester dealt greer

13. DrewDog

DrewDog New Member

great so we got a back up just as old as our starter.

given its a deep draft, how about keep the pick and draft a goalie?

14. giper

giper New Member

you had the best young goalie in the draft last year and cut him in tryouts. didn't get squat for him.

15. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Forget the guy they drafted. Before the expansion draft, they had a more promising young goalie already on their roster. With some clever abuse of loopholes, I think they could have kept him, Watson, and 13 runners.

No matter, both youngsters are gone, and the goalie of the future still needs to be found.

That said, there are two ex MVPs/goalie-of-the-years in Toronto now. That'll get us through this year and maybe next. Hell, Watson was huge on Saturday - If he has his confidence back and gets a fair effort from the D for the rest of the season, it might not even matter who the backup is.

And no huge loss on the second round draft pick. The guy Kloepfer drafted last year hasn't even cracked a game day roster on a 3-7 team.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  16. DrewDog

DrewDog New Member

here's to hoping he won't be around to make another draft pick, though I ain't holding my breath

17. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I didn't even disagree with picking Fleming at the time. Given that the rest of the lineup wasn't winning, I would have at least like to see this guy get a couple of games worth of chance to prove himself.

Then again, I have to hope coach knows best.....especially since I haven't even seen any practices to form a first-hand opinion.

18. Ifireun

Ifireun New Member

Oldies but Goodies between the Pipes?

Rock trainer's gonna be busy ordering more gear - not only sport contact lenses, but back and knee braces as well... :rotfl:

19. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

at least the Rock were not raped in this deal so its a start

good luck steve & toronto

20. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

*fires up the Ben-Gay heater* Welcome to Toronto, Chugger! Looking forward to seeing you on the floor this weekend!