Its gameday

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by k-hawksfan33, Jan 9, 2016.

1. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

I refuse to let this message board die without a season opener game day thread! Hawks vs Mammoth. Grant vs Jamieson. I honestly believe this could be one of the most exciting home opener matchups in a while.

LETS GO HAWKS

:mob:

2. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

Can't wait to get to the arena. Crowd looks decent on Ticketmaster so far, hoping for a good walkup crowd with this surprisingly mild January weather as well. I'm sure the building will be buzzing no matter what, Go Hawks.

3. hawkrock

hawkrock Member

Excited to see the rookies! Hossack, Bomberry, Gillies, and Searle all active. I'm guessing at least one will be a scratch. With no Evans, I hope one of them can handle face-offs.

4. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

5. MrWilson

MrWilson Member

Let's go Hawks!

6. MCO Titans

MCO Titans Banned

Good fight for 60 minutes. Liked they way they came back in the second half, but they just could never tie it up. Good showing by the rookies, looks like most of the big guns still have it, the defense just needs to tighten it up a bit more.

7. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

Disappointing but also understanding. Vino always starts out slow at first and picks it up as the season goes on. The offense was good as usual. Defense will need time to gel with the new rookies but overall looked good. It seemed as if there were times when they were more aggressive than usual but there were also some times where everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to go get the ball. Overall I'm optimistic for this season and theres no way anyone is panicking after one game.

Sidenote: I really hope Graeme Hossack doesn't lose any sleep over that one play. Its his first game in the NLL and he was given a lot of responsibility from the start. He played great except for that one decision.

8. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

Not worried at all, the team looked pretty good overall. Thought Vinc had a bad game, but we stayed in it until the end which was good to see. I'm sure he rebounds and dominates like usual.

Can anyone explain to me what happened during that overly long challenge discussion, I believe it was in the 4th quarter. From what I can tell, the play should have been blown dead for the challenge well before Colorado ever got the chance to come down and score, and since the play would have been dead how did we still get assessed a penalty? Doesn't the challenge happen right when possession changes hands?

9. GoKHawksGo

GoKHawksGo Active Member

Misc thoughts:

I was a little surprised to see the 3 rookie defensemen out there at the same time for several shifts

Vinc did not have his A game

I think Dillon Ward got into the Hawks heads a little bit. Sometimes they tried to make 6 or 7 fakes when they were right in front of the crease and sometimes lost the ball in the process.

Made a nice comeback after the 2nd quarter drubbing. Clearly no quit in this team

10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Got the same e-mail. Hoping they do that again for this game since we're going.

Not sure where to sit though, since our usual spot with the Krew is sold out.... who wants company?? :D

11. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

There's almost always room up at the top of 206 where we sit. Fairly close to center ice.

12. Wings-4-Life

You were actually the first person I thought of when I realized I had to get other seats, but according to the site 206 is pretty much sold out.

Plus I didn't think you would want to tolerate me for an entire game. :D

13. The_Vukster

Wow! can't believe it is entirely full there! The 1 seat left up there is next to our 3. The ones across the Aisle at 205 L1 are empty.

They must have set aside a bunch from our section. Seems awfully full compared to what we usually see up there. Compare it to the top of opposite side of the arena and in the sections on either side of us where there are plenty of seats. Strange.

14. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

See y'all Saturday. I'll be the good looking guy in the throwback Dan Stroup jersey :D (or throwback Ontario Raiders jersey? :eek: )

15. what section will you be in?

16. Wings-4-Life

We're in 221 in the row above the tunnel. Should be on the end closest to 220, but we tend to float around. (and I say "we" because AmericanRockFan is sitting with us)

17. AmericanRockFan

What time do people get to the Stock at?

18. The_Vukster

I believe they start straggling in around 4:30-5:00. We usually show up between 5:00-5:30 and it is already half full.

19. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Looking forward to this game tonight. Should be a chippy tilt at the BCA! :D

20. AmericanRockFan

Not that it makes a difference to me since I wasn't gonna attend anyway but why didn't they do their usual post game autograph session last night?