its halftime and khawks are down 9-1 and not even that close

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by dougm, Apr 15, 2017.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

that offense may not score another goal in denver tonight.

2. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

Failing offensive coordinator Paul Day's offense HAS CONSISTENTLY UNDERPERFORMED. We got some baddddddd hombres on this team. SAD!

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

paul day has always underwhelmed me.

4. k-hawksfan33

Even during the 2012-2014 dynasty the offense was underperforming. He refuses to adapt his offense and this year i honestly haven't seen them run one single play. All he's good for is yelling at refs and letting Jamieson carry the offense himself. Hasen has proven himself as a head coach, but I don't think there's any reason why Day shouldn't be fired after this season.

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Day could use the injury excuse coupled with the owner chopping up a chunk of the Cup-winning roster to rebuild. A healthy Jamieson might give the Hawks 2 more wins and put them at 7-8 which would be right into the dogfight for 2nd place right now in the East. And if those 2 added wins were in the 2 1-goal losses they had vs NE so far, the Hawks might even be a solid 2nd.

smurf666 likes this.
  6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with this. The Knighthawks really aren't a bad team, they've just had some luck go against them this year. Jamieson not being healthy hasn't helped matters at all, plus Dan Dawson being gone briefly as well. If I was a Knighthawks fan, I wouldn't be calling for a rebuild but rather some solid tweaking this off-season.

7. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Dunno.

I think they may be worse than their couple-one-goal-losses-from-being-one-game-below.500 might suggest.

Vinc is papering over shortcomings like the world-beater that he is. He has stolen one or more unlikely wins, and, barring that, kept them in several games that they had no business being in.

Getting Jamieson back, and tweaking the roster will get them back to being a .500 team. I think they need a deeper rebuild to do more than that.

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Well I do think they need to get a little bit younger, but I don't think they gotta be completed gutted. They have a decent core, but it's the supporting cast that needs to be upgraded.

9. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Yeah, assuming they get healthy Jamieson back next season, their top 4 or so O and top 4 or so D are probably good enough, and, some of the young depth guys will be better too.

10. k-hawksfan33

Injuries are a perfectly fine excuse for this year but the Hawks offense has always been poor even when we were winning. Hell, there was a year when our front 5 was Jamieson, Dawson, Powless, Keogh and Casey Powell but we still finished with the 2nd or 3rd least goals in the league. If you've watched the Hawks play a fair amount of games over the past 5 years then you'll know that it's a frustratingly slow experience that greatly underuses the talent we have. Admittedly we lost a lot of that talent this year, but past years show that Day's offensive strategies just aren't up to par with offenses like Calgary (at their peak) and Toronto. Thank god for Jamieson's god given talent, Matt Vinc, and every defender who played for us between 12'-14' cause that offense honestly did not win us a single championship.

11. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

yrah, i remember that year. I figured too many d---s on the dance floor.

only one ball, and Powell, Jammer, and Dawson all need it.

might have been better for the whole to change out either Powell or Dawson out for a big bodied righty that could do the dirty work better.....dig out balls from the corner, set smashing picks, and collect and deposit trash from around the crease....like a Vitarelli or a Beirnes, something like that.