It's official, Good Bye Sting and NLL

Discussion in 'Arizona Sting Forum' started by YBNormal, Jun 28, 2008.

1. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

http://www.nll.com/article.php?id=3530
    With the announcement of the dispersal draft without even mentioning the Sting by name, the Sting and NLL era in Arizona comes to a final conclusion. Coyotes mis-management and NLL officials have thumbed their collective noses at the Arizona lacrosse fans.

Screw the NLL

Go Red Wings 2008 Stanley Cup champs

I'm back to Arena Football where the league and teams DO care about the fans. Go Rattlers!

Good Bye.

2. Delster

Delster New Member

Here is a paragraph from EdmontonSun.com...

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/06/28/6013571-sun.html

3. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Boston Bobcats? :mad: The stinking paper cannot even get the name right

4. BanditsRed

BanditsRed New Member

R.I.P. Arizona Sting you were a great team and will be missed by all true fans of the NLL. My most sincerest and heartfelt condolences to the fans that fell in love with the game and tried so hard to keep it going. Good Bye. :frusty:

5. sjwingsfan77

sjwingsfan77 New Member

RIP The Sting were a hell of a team will be missed.I feel bad for the sting fans that loved this team and never give up hope. I invite any Sting fans to become Wings fans.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  6. Fetter

Fetter Active Member

This sucks. How can we grow as a league if we can't hold on to any teams in the west? I'm sorry to hear about this guys. It's not right as I enjoyed playing you guys. Here's hoping a new team will show up there.

7. stolenmonkey

stolenmonkey New Member

I was a ticket holder from day 1!!! I poured my heart & soul into supporting the Sting. And being a military brat I grew up in lost of places hince why my sports teams are all over. The Sting were the first team from AZ that I embraced. As for the rest of the teams in AZ I hate them. But not nearly as much as the coyotes. I know those owners will burn in H E L L!!!! This is the monkey signing out. Good bye. I've lost hope of another NLL team setting up shop

8. Mclovin

Mclovin Banned

I am sorry about the Sting but what do the NLL officials have to do with it? I don't see what hand they had in the demise of the team. Its up to the Coyotes to make it work. The league even awarded them a championship game that they didn't deserve. I don't see where the league is to blame for this.

9. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

Don't even go there about the championship game, that is a dead horse you're on the wrong side of.

What PO'd about the league officials is they did not have enough class to officially say, the Sting were done. In the announcement of the dispersal draft the Sting team name was not even mentioned. They blew us off.

10. jbear

jbear New Member

Seattle?

The Sonics are officially going to Oklahoma City, as of today. The former Sting would do well to fill that vanancy. What's Bob Whitsitt up to these days anyway?

11. Slinger 120

Slinger 120 New Member

Hey YB....I feel your anger, but the issue is not resolved yet. This is probably why the league could not announce anything and kept it vague. I don't think it was a deliberate cheap shot. The shortness and the fact nothing has been announced yet makes me think things are still being worked out.

No...I don't think the Sting are coming back. I just think the formal announcement will be made at a time when it is officially done.

Who to vent at? The Yotes? To a degree I feel some of that, but new ownership came in to operate a hockey team. One losing money to boot...

No, anger should go to this sports town. It is lukewarm to the big sports...how was this going to make it if Hockey barely does?

Perhaps if the Sting had 10K or more the Yotes would have seen the potential and kept it going....

I tried many times to get more poeple out there. People I work with and socialize with...and all I got was how far it was to drive to a game. I came in from Chanlder...it did not stop me.

Of course marketing coming from the Yotes could have been better, but bottom line is this lukewarm sports town could not support this team. We failed....Yotes failed....a combination of reasons.

12. Delster

Delster New Member

Well said, Slinger.

13. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

Slight correction, the current ownership is the same ownership that bought the Sting then said they never intended to opperate a lacrosse team.

Probably a good point here as Denver has almost the same mix of sports teams and they all draw better than any team in Phoenix

Except they repeatedly stated after the 2007 season that they would be back in 2008. After they scrubbed the 2008 season they stated they would definately be back for 2009. Jennings was quoted as saying they were actually making money with 6000 attendance yet the team calims they were losing 5 mil.
    So much for believing either of them.
    I got several to come and some were ready to buy season tickets for 2008. The ones who made the "too far away" excuse would have found some other reason to not go. It is a beautiful arena in the fastest growing part of the valley. Unfortunately the local media gave them almost no coverage.

14. ChickenScream

ChickenScream New Member

Jennings has a long history of saying one thing and doing another. NLL media services suck. Still no official announcement of the death of another team.

15. Mclovin

Mclovin Banned

Sorry, but that is the type of announcement that would have been appropriate for the Coyotes/Sting organization to make, not the league. I know its chic to trash the league on these boards but the NLL office is not the bogeyman here. At least league officials tried to give some answers which is more than the Coyotes did in this story.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/azetc/articles/2008/06/30/20080630sting0701.html

16. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

When did the league try to give any answer at all? They did not even mention the Sting by name in the dispersal draft releases.

17. FixThis

FixThis New Member

ow we will get imported "tutes".....there goes the clean linen!:doh:

18. Kr3wLaxUno

Kr3wLaxUno New Member

This sucks.... I hate you Phoenix Cyotes Managenment