Jenner is begging for the first half of a kidney transplant

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by RockStar, Nov 9, 2018.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

2. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

I like the mention of rumblings out of Edmonton. Get yet another NHL ownership group.

3. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I'd say if they're going with 3 divs have five team playoff

Div 1 vs wild card
    Div 2 vs div 3

Best two team that are not div champs play for wild card

Kinda like baseball

4. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Edmonton has been in the rumor mill for years.

Andrew GEA likes this.
  5. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

Yes but it went dead with all the recent rumors.

6. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

3 divisions is a giant step in the wrong direction

RockStar likes this.
  7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

3 ain’t enough man, they need 5!

RockStar likes this.
  8. R.J

R.J Guest

San Fran announcement should happen within the year, and Edmonton, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Chicago, Vegas are all thought to be speaking with the League. So, while It may take a couple-few years, I think the League will balance itself out.

9. toad455

toad455 Member

I still say Georgia relocates to Dallas. Team #14 is San Francisco. Teams #15 & #16 will be Edmonton & Nashville.

League realigns into 4 divisions
    NORTHEAST
    Toronto
    Buffalo
    Rochester
    Halifax

EAST
    New England
    New York
    Philadelphia
    Nashville

WEST
    Dallas
    Colorado
    San Diego
    San Francisco

NORTHWEST
    Vancouver
    Calgary
    Edmonton
    Saskatchewen

10. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

Too many too soon, if all those become realities. What about Boston, NY, Montreal, etc.? I could see a max of 16 at some point, but that's it.

11. R.J

R.J Guest

I think Georgia goes to Nashville.
    I was just focusing on some of the Western teams I've seen talked about. I agree though, 16 should be the max for awhile (at least wait 5 years), let's see how these teams/cities do before we add more. While I like what Commissioner Sakiewicz has been doing with the League; not getting on TV and his "plan" of going to 30 in 12 years I completely disagree with.

For the West I've seen San Fran, Edmonton, and Dallas mentioned the most - for the East it's Long Island and Boston. I read somewhere awhile ago that the Habs Ownership Group was interested, but if they did bring in a team, the idea would be to play them out of the Bell Place in Laval. I think with the Molson's potentially owning the team the Bell Centre in Downtown Montreal would make more sense, but who knows.

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

San Fran isn’t getting a team anytime soon, be realists

13. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

As long as Edmonton gets a team again I'll be happy!

14. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Rapid expansion followed by contraction is what this dumpster fire is built on.

If anyone has a dull rusty knife and the green bastard's location let me know.

RockStar and Andrew GEA like this.
  15. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Parts unknown, dude!

16. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

All these cities are no brainers with NHL or NBA ownership. Without, not so much. NY, San Francisco, Boston and Edmonton in that order, all with control of their respective arenas.

17. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

I would start looking at property records. I also have a cell number not sure if he still uses it though.

18. R.J

R.J Guest

The League has toured Rogers Place, and the Katz Group are said to be very interested, so I think there's a good chance it'll happen within the next couple of years.
    Yeah, the League has done this before to a degree, maybe not with Owners like we're seeing now, but expanding too quickly usually doesn't end well.
    I give credit to Sakiewicz for pushing for NHL/NBA ownership, and when you look at some of the rumoured potential suitors it looks good on the League.

BIG E NY likes this.
  19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Frankly, I do not understand why they don't.
    I expected them to hold off while they were getting settled with the new arena, but seeing how well the other NHL-owned teams were doing in the NLL and they had a decent pre-existing fanbase in Edmonton, I would have thought that the Oilers would have gotten involved by this season. Maybe because the Oilers have sucked year after year that they are not doing as well for cash as they should be and don't feel comfortable expanding their sports portfolio at this time.

20. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Trust me the oilers are one of the most profitable teams. The fanbase here buy many tickets and way to over priced food at concessions ($7 per pizza slice).

I know they wanted to let things settle down after the new arena... If they want a team now's the time