1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Jersey unveiling 6/12/18 9:30am

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by Hollywood42, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

broadcasting On the wings fb page

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Very convenient time:rolleyes:

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Guess I'll be watching from work..... oh, Wings.

4. Hollywood42

They unveiled the franchise name on a weds morning why would this be any different

5. swami24

MrsSwami is on Facebook and mentioned a PWFC gathering at a Reading Royals game. Would be nice to.see that posted here. Too far for us, but still.

6. Wings-4-Life

I planned that in April. We ended up with almost 20 people. We have a Reading Phillies one planned for 6/16, which is probably what she saw.

It's actually a Fann Cup fundraiser but pimped it in the PWFC tonight to try and get more people interested.

7. Wings-4-Life

Paul Day is speaking now! I don't have speakers on the work computer, so I can only assume he just traded the jersey for a 5th round pick.

8. Wings-4-Life

9. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Those look really nice. But what 3rd grader wrote the news release on this??

https://wingslax.com/media/official-home-jersey/

"Us here at The Philadelphia Wings Head Quarters..." Really? "Us here"??? And headquarters is one word.

And I guess the league is going all in on corporate logos on jerseys.

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Sexy.

I blame it on the text messaging grammar all the kids use these days. It encourages bad habits.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  11. Wings-4-Life

Just bought one! I was expecting them to be way more than $99.

12. Hollywood42

I bought one as well

13. unspoken

unspoken Member

Very nice job on those. It's a matter of opinion of course, but for me it's between the Wings and the Rush for best jersey design in the league right now.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i still say Wonder Woman goes to a Journey concert with the logo, but, the overall effect on the dark jersey is alright.

15. swami24

I like the shoulder design

16. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Active Member

Really dig these, love the hollow numbers, the logo really pops at you. Same color pallet as the Vegas Golden Knights.

I was interested to see how their logo would appear on a uni but the darks look great. Assuming the whites will have a black outline based on these.

I wonder why they didn't go with gold wings on the arms, as that's the color of the wings on the logo, but the grey looks good. Gold would look sharp on the whites.

Agree these are near the top of the league, they make San Diego's look worse than they already did. Love the Rush as well. I think bottom of the league is 100% Bandits, with the Swarm and Knighthawks not far behind, but the hawks change every year. The sets Rochester had prior were best in the league imo. The Swarm striped jerseys prior to the honeycomb yokes were near the top. Buffalo's are just terrible with the zebra stripes and the highway markers on the elbows.

17. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Nice jersey, i don't see any issues with it.
    I recently found my barely worn red Iannucci jersey hanging in the back of my closet, forgot I had it. Just read he may make a NLL return and did you see his beard!

18. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

WHERE WAS THE NO PANTS JERSEY UNVEILING FOR THIS?

19. swami24

A photo from the Jersey unveil is in today's philly Inquirer... about the same size as previous game stories! That is a good sign.

20. Wings-4-Life

And if you were watching ESPN News this morning, Golic Jr was repping it during the show.

[​IMG]