Jersey unveiling 6/12/18 9:30am

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by Hollywood42, Jun 6, 2018.

1. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

I brought this to the Wings attention via twitter and the article has since been rewritten.
    https://wingslax.com/media/official-home-jersey/
    Good to know they're listening. The "Us here" was just brutal, and they did it twice. Not a good first impression on an article that a casual person is more likely to read since it was regarding the jersey reveal.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Did you tell them "Us here at the WingsZone message board think "us here" isn't the most professional sounding thing in a press release, and us here would appreciate your removal of "us here""?

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  3. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

haha I gave them an "Us here at the Philadelphia Wings need to proof read what the interns write up, because this might be the most poorly written article a professional sports franchise has ever released."

That article also had an "us here at the Philadelphia Wings cant wait to show off what we got" as well as

"us here at the wings are excited to announce out partnership with Inspira", I'm sure the people at Inspira were pumped reading.

4. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Went to my first Reading Royals game this past winter. Something I noticed, which I liked and maybe an idea for the Wings, was to have fans design their own jersey. The Royals, and maybe some other orgs, let you design your own custom jersey. Some were Star Wars themed, local establishments, colorful, etc.
    Not sure what they were charged, but it was their "own" and seemed to wear them with pride.