Justin Guterding

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by dougm, Nov 26, 2018.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

power forward from duke university and a very interesting free agent signing. i had thought with an extended camp, a kid like him might have a chance to make it as a project. short camps means that a player can't show off his learning curve.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

There are a few field players who were signed that would have benefited by a longer camp that won't get that now. There is always the practice squad to sign them to.

3. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

On a different note, what is all this talk about Matt Vinc to the wings

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

wishful thinking or answered prayers.

5. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Wishful thinking: Buffalo just signed him to a 3 year deal.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Trolling from this board's chief troll, Hollywood42. :rolleyes:

7. I thought they drafted Guterding? I would think if he signs and isn't ready, they will put him on the practice squad.

8. RickH

RickH Member

A bad dream from 13 years ago. Wings front office was told 'Get Matt, the goalie'. Problem was they got Matt Roik instead of Matt Vinc... :(

9. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Lol between me and American rockfan a few years ago I basically sarcastically predicted the Crowley trade back to the black wolves
    A broken clock is right twice a day

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Greatest moment ever, and I am still mad that you admitted we were kidding when we “reported” it. The best part too was we even had Ted Jenner tweeting about the rumor!

And the trade was actually that the Rock would deal Billings for Crowley and a 1st.

11. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Definitely, the Lacrosse Classified podcast was talking about this. If you're a player on the outside looking in, your chances have been torpedoed with this mess. Teams are going to go with who they know with this short turnaround.

12. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

They did. They drafted him in the 3rd round.

Looks like he wasn't good enough for opening day, but he's on the practice squad.