Keogh back to Rochester

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by BanditsRock11, Feb 4, 2019.

1. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Per his twitter.

Rochester’s 2019 2nd and 2021 third round pick to Colorado.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I guess Colorado may have decided they don't even care about finding a way to get the last playoff berth with a 7-11 record only to be punked by a top team, and, are looking to next year.

Not much for Keogh, but, if he was going to walk next year anyway, he's just an upper half on a team that's 1-6 or whatever.......so yeah, couple picks, and, let the youngster with upside take Keogh's minutes.

Maybe good move for Rochester.....they certainly look like a team that needs something.

3. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Jamieson and Keogh have great chemistry -- it might help both players.

k-hawksfan33 likes this.
  4. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

About as best as Colorado could hope for. Keogh has a dismal .081 shooting percentage this year and has not played a full season since 2016. Funny enough, the only second round pick Rochester has in 2019, is the one they got from Colorado when Keogh was originally dealt during the 2017 season.

5. unspoken

unspoken Member

In the end, essentially Rochester rented Keogh to Colorado for the price of moving up two rounds in the draft. They got a 1st and 2nd initially, gave up a 2nd and 3rd in the trade back. I do wonder if that has something to do with his contract price though as Keogh was franchised earlier this year by Colorado.

6. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

They need offence and Keogh was not contributing. Acquired from Rochester in Feb 2017 for a 1st round in 2018 and a second in 2019. In 10 games in the 2017 season scored 14g and 18A. In 2018 played 15 games with 30g and 24a. So far this year in 4 games 3 goals and 3a. I think in Saturday's game he had 1 goal on 11 shots. At 31 he seems to have lost his touch. Killen, rookie at 22, in 3 games has 6g and 4a. Like the rookie and maybe if Jeremy Noble, scratched last game, can get his scoring going, 1 goal this season (4o last year) they can be more consistent.

7. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

I'm happy with this move. Hopefully Keogh can add some of the grit that our offense has been lacking this year. And we can trade away all our draft picks for all I care. Not Knighthawks 2.0's problem:cool:

8. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Still have no idea how a player as inconsistent and flawed as Keogh went for a 1st and a 2nd. Curt Styres really is a trade magician.

9. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Styres completely fleeced Govett on that trade.

10. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Yes, he did. At the end of this, Rochester gave up a 3rd round pick for a 1st round pick (James Barclay). Time will tell how long of career Barclay has. Chances are good with a ever expanding league.

11. unspoken

unspoken Member

Not bad, but I'd still put Derek Keenan at number 1. He did two trades with the Swarm - Zack Greer for the Rush's 1st round pick, then got that pick back (#5 overall) along with Nik Bilic for the Philly 1st round pick (#4 overall). So basically he got Greer and Bilic in exchange for moving down one spot in the draft. The Swarm took Cameron Flint and the Rush took Robert Church.

12. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Childs play
    Bandits got JT for Brian Nicula straight up

13. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Well, game 1 wasn’t stellar for Keogh and his return to Rochester. One shot on goal and no goals or assists. In 5 games , 4 with Mammoth, 3 goals and 3 assists. The move by Colorado to ship Keogh to Rochester has allowed their rookie, Kyle Killen, into the mammoth lineup. So far in 4 games he has 8 goals and 5 assists.
    Good move so far for Colorado.

Hollywood42 likes this.
  14. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget buffalo drafted marechek as well but never played for them

15. girv

girv Member

Pretty sure Buffalo also drafted Grant early on but he went to Delaware for field lacrosse. Still remember seeing him play for Lakers/Quakers ‘94ish

16. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

and Kelusky