Knighthawks KNATION

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by UncleBenny, Oct 31, 2017.

1. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

Anyone have more details on this? I went to check if individual tickets were on sale yet, and they weren't, but I noticed this piece of info on Ticketmaster.

"KNIGHTHAWKS KNATION: Includes a seat with armrest & chair back. This is a general admission seating area in Section 111, meaning seats are not assigned in Section 111. Fans with a Knighthawks Knation ticket can sit anywhere available in Section 111. Ticket includes one rally towel, available to be picked up after gates open on game day at the Customer Service booth in the concourse. Expect standing, cheering, and flag waiving"

Exciting if true, we're in the section right next to this and would definitely get in on the fun. Also glad to see the Knighthawks front office trying something new, I could see people getting into this. Was this something that was officially announced that I missed?

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Interesting concept. 111, or an end section, is a good idea for a section like this since the fans standing won't impede the view of fans in neighboring sections too much.

I really like the "includes a seat with armrest and chair back" part of the sales pitch.

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Don't all the seats at the BCA have an armrest and chair back? :eek:

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

one thing i always loved about the BCA was being able to watch large chunks of the game standing on the runway between 100 and 200.......Knabber has the ushers near 220 trained to tolerate this.

it is just like watching a game from my favourite perch just behind the seats at summer rinks.

5. AmericanRockFan

Exactly why I think it's hilarious why they felt the need to advertise that this special section includes such seats ;)

This is such a small thing, but I appreciate this too when I go to other venues. I'm not sure how intentional the design was but it's nice to be able to go to a game and barely miss any action cause you're stuck waiting to return to your seat.

6. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

I agree the armrest/chairback thing sounds kind of odd to us who go to the BCA frequently, but I assume they added that in there since GA seating could carry the connotation of "bleacher style" seating, which people who aren't familiar with the BCA could assume this is.

7. Bandits37

Bandits37 Member

Well i guess we know the section all the Bandits fans will be buying seats in from now on. Good to see the armrests and chair backs are included as well, real top notch facility that BCA

8. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I can not see the advantage of a general admission ticket limited to one section. With how empty the BCA normally is just about the whole upper deck on the sides are general admission. I often change my seats every quarter to be closer to the net the away team is shooting at. Not that they do not try to see tickets I got a personal call earlier this month asking since I had a BD Smith avatar on my forum account did I want to start getting Hawks season tickets again. I have gotten 3 or 4 personal calls over the years from Rochester over different ownerships about buying tickets I have never gotten one from Buffalo even when I have not renewed by the deadline and I have had season tickets since 1992.

9. AmericanRockFan

So if I'm reading this right, the Knighthawks ticket office creeps this message board??

10. JTavares4E

JTavares4E Active Member

Just went on to look at seats at the BCA also.. all the seats behind the Buffalo bench are blocked off for our games only... Brigade is this your handy work? Or are they just trying to separate us somewhere else....

11. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

got a story from a former PWFC president that he once managed to fill the first few rows behind the KHawks' bench.

that would have been a fun one to sit with the well lubricated road fans :D

12. AmericanRockFan

I miss the days of when the Rock used to be able to snag quite a few of the seats behind the Rock bench back in the day. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I met Flagman at a game in 2004 or so at a game when I was 15.

13. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Yes but it sounds worse when you type it

RockStar likes this.
  14. AmericanRockFan

So, I went on Ticketmaster to look at buying tickets for the playoff game on Friday, only to get told they're not on sale yet and they don't know when they'll go on sale?? :confused::confused:

I hope they're happy playing in front of 1,500 fans on Friday :mad:

15. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

You have to either call or do it through www.knighthawks.com/playoffs

But yeah, most casual fans around here aren't going to jump through hoops to get tickets so I don't know how this wouldn't hurt attendance. I get there are tight turnarounds for some of these playoff games, but they should have had something in place and ready to go for any and all scenarios coming out of last weekend.

16. AmericanRockFan

Ah, so it's similar to what the Amerks did a few years back in 2012 or so. Thanks for the heads up, otherwise if I want to go that bad I'd just buy at the window on Friday night.

17. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

No problem, they should have a note on Ticketmaster that says to call the office, not the "Not on sale" message they have now. I'm sure most just stop right there and say they'll wait until they go on sale, and possibly never come back to check again.

18. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

They're likely giving their season ticket holders very short notice at the first crack at keeping their seats. I think the Bandits would have done the same thing. It seems like teams are gun shy on putting playoff tickets on sale when there's still a good chance they won't make the playoffs. It was still a crapshoot on who would get in and who wouldn't in the last week of the regular season.

In the past, people have complained on it taking forever for teams to process refunds on playoff games not played. Plus, teams likely get dinged by credit card companies on refunds processing so there's a cost to that.

19. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

Season ticket playoff renewal deadline was on Saturday I believe, so we did have an opportunity to get our seats beforehand by getting the playoff package. There was also an early renewal perk for next year that the first playoff game was free, so anyone who renewed for next year is getting their seat for Friday anyway.

The refund thing is probably true, but does that apply if they just roll the refund into your season tickets for next year? That's normally what I have them do. Does seem like a logistical nightmare for the team with how close the standings were, just hoping for a big crowd on Friday.

20. AmericanRockFan

I totally understand giving season ticket holders first crack at buying their seats, but it seems like they could just black those seats out on Ticketmaster like they do when they're reserving seats for groups. I guess I'm just used to some teams putting tickets on sale immediately following the conclusion of clinching the playoffs or championship game.

Really, had UncleBenny not told me where to go to buy tickets I very well might have just said **** it and opted to stay home on Friday night.