Kodiaks move

Discussion in 'OLA Forum' started by ripperbs, Jan 25, 2016.

1. ripperbs

ripperbs Member

KW loses out, nobody to blame but the no show fans for the best lacrosse in Canada.

1800 fans in Coburg eh. Most, probably were from Peterboro to watch he lake show, only 60 k down the road. Almost like a home game. Lets see what happens when Brampton or Oakville show up. I do wish them well, that area loves their lax.

Lets hope KW can show the Braves and a the new SR B team more support

2. relaxman

relaxman New Member

It is unfortunate to see the team leave. The support the team saw in Waterloo was brutal. I do not know if it was schedule, product or lack of interest that kept the numbers down. I have to admit, I live in the area and only made a few games. Shame on me.

3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Where did KW move to?
    I wish London was in the OLA.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Moved to Cobourg, approx 50 miles East of edge of Toronto, pretty close to both Peterborough and Brooklin.

Dunno if it's going to be any better

They ran a Lakers' game there last summer and apparently filled the joint and decided there would be awesome fan support......but, I think that was just the traveling lakeshow.

You're also moving away from a Junior A lacrosse centre that can feed you local players and moving into an area where there is not really a natural Junior A or Senior B affiliate........

On the plus side, if the team and arena are any good, they're now a damned sight closer to me than K-W, so, maybe I'll see a few more games this summer.

5. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Bring back the Windsor Warlocks!

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Looks like Steve Dietrich resigned as GM of the Kodiaks because of the move.

7. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Chugger just got the GM role for Six Nations.

8. ripperbs

ripperbs Member

should have, when he was with the Kodiaks he sold most of the team to Nations