Lacrosse fever taking hold in Saskatoon

Discussion in 'Saskatchewan Rush Forum' started by fadlaxdad, Apr 6, 2016.

1. jetman

jetman Active Member

I'll bet the Rush will draw better for game 2 next week than the Bandits will draw today.

2. jetman

jetman Active Member

It must have pained WGR to actually do a feature on the Bandits outside of Hockey Hotline. The Bandits are the ugly stepchild, as far as WGR is concerned.

3. GeoffSK

GeoffSK New Member

New to forum, current Rush season ticket holder. I've been to all 10 games in Saskatoon so far. Can't wait until the game on Saturday.

4. baron

baron Member

Just watched this interview from Global TV. The Rush continue to get great support from the local media.

http://glbn.ca/xN2jhL

5. The atmosphere was amazing tonight. 15,000+ in the building and the final quarter was as loud as I have ever heard the SaskTel Centre. It was louder than Metallica and the like concerts I have seen there.

Rumours are a parade or a huge rally in the coming days. I am hoping that this will show the NLL that we love the Rush here. It would be nice if there was 30,000+ at the Rally/Parade. This is Saskatoon's first ever major professional title and I think there were tons of fans shut out of tickets for the game. So I think it is a reasonable number to expect that many.

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

You have already done that with the great attendance and loud crowds believe me the NLL is impressed and will likely turn their eyes to more no traditional markets. I have always said the NLL will do well in medium sized buildings and markets with strong hockey traditions without an NHL club.

7. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Justin Trudeau tweeted about the Rush. Never thought I'd see a prime minister talking about the NLL.

8. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

I saw that too. Amazing!

9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Great for the NLL