Latest NLL Survey

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by chuckster, Aug 5, 2018.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Anyone else get an Email recently about an NLL survey? The survey asks questions on what team you follow, how you follow them, demographic info, etc.

The Email from the Nick Sakiewicz says, in part, "As a thank you for your time and opinion, you will be entered for a chance to win a prize pack and pair of tickets to watch your favorite team. "

It never asks for any detail on who you are to enter you in to win said prize pack.

Why. Can't. This. League. Get. Out. Of. It's. Own. FREAKING. Way?????? :eek: :eek:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Nicky Sak ftw! :D

3. RockStar

(one thought - maybe clicking the link from your email automatically transmits the fact that you responded to their marketing database......?)

4. chuckster

Sure, but they never asked to verify who I am. Or if they had correct info about my identity including mailing address or even some phone info.

They always seem to miss the boat on these surveys.

5. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

Yeah, the survey was from a direct mailing e-mail. I have to imagine that whoever wins will be contacted directly at that same e-mail address and asked for further details.

6. RockStar

funny story - i follow the NLL, I am in their database, I get their (poorly targeted) admail, I have received surveys in the past and have a damned good record of responding.

i didn't get this survey......

#ImprovedOnlinePresence :D

7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Is there a hyperlink to this survey?
    For me, it may have gone to one of my old email addresses.

8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything, and the email they have for me is stil active

9. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

10. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

No email for me either, still did the survey even though I won't win lol

11. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

That survey needed to be better.
    For example, this question:

16. Which of the following reasons best explains why you did not watch more NLL games?

Didn't have a relevant answer for me which is something like this:

I stream on my laptop but also must use my laptop for additional activities. I may need the bandwith or wish that I could cast the game while still using my laptop for other reasons.

Fortunately, for this upcoming season, I got a second laptop, so I will be able to stream the game on one and do stuff on the other ... such as stream a second game! :)

12. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

"Because a nark shut down the free games" wasn't an option either.

13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

The survey also sucked regarding obsessing over your favorite team.
    Lots of misinformation came from my survey because of it.
    I put down Buffalo as my favorite because I've followed Buffalo since 2006. But that discounts my other fandom such as New England or the other teams. I said the #1 reason I didn't attend Bandits games was that they were 100 to 500 miles away or something like that. Then it asked for my zip code which is 63060 which is almost 1000 miles from Buffalo so that's inconsistent with my earlier answer. I put down the earlier answer because I work in 06096 which is about 400 miles from Buffalo. Meanwhile, I wasn't given the opportunity at all to discuss my attending or not of New England games. From the survey's perspective, they don't even know that I am in Connecticut pretty much the entire NLL season (usually - not this past season).
    And there was absolutely no field for general comments such what I wrote in this post.

Lastly, this irks me a bit, but forums.ilindoor.com is not considered as social media. The survey asked how I follow... It's primarily here or the NLL website or Pointstreak for the real data and occasionally IL Indoor but they fucked up and don't provide a good 2-way link between here and IL Indoor. Total disrespect.

I really hope when the Wings 3.0 start playing, we get some Wings fans back here again. You guys got your work cut out for you!

14. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I had similar issues. It asked a lot of questions regarding the Wings as if they fielded a team last season.

15. chuckster

I say that about every survey they do.

16. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

They did. They just happened to be called The New England Black Wolves. ;)

Still, it's a good point.
    Last year, you followed the NEBW more or less.
    This coming year, you'll be a PHI fan so the way you'd answer can't be incorporated into their survey.

17. RockStar

interestingly, I got a link to the survey courtesy of the Bandits spam service.

same thoughts as many of you

18. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Fun fact clear the cookie and you can take the survey over and over. Currently Vancouver has has a large number of fans who id themselves as Hispanic and white (none Hispanic) fans who attend 8 games a season traveling 182 miles to a game who do not consider themselves fans of the nll and only shop at kmart. They also all have grad degrees and make less than 20k a year. I figure in 10 more minutes more people will have responded to the survey than bought tickets to steal games

RockStar, swami24 and Hollywood42 like this.