Latrell Harris....

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Feb 3, 2017.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

....is a ******* boss. He's the future of the NLL.

RockStar likes this.
  2. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

I have to say, when I saw him in the preseason, he didn't look too promising and I was surprised he actually made the roster. But in the last couple of games, he's been damned impressive. Turns out the Rock coaches and management are better judges of lacrosse talent than I am. Who knew?

RockStar likes this.
  3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

between him and the two yank forwards id say the scouting group nailed it

4. RockStar

and then Macdonald is pretty OK too!

5. AmericanRockFan

I had a lot of reservations about Harris making the roster as well, but he has been a great surprise. Now, if only he can find a way to bury one of the breakaways he seems to get every game.

RockStar likes this.
  6. AmericanRockFan

Kiddo is still a boss and that first career goal showed good tenacity, but man he cannot bury a breakaway if his life depended on it :confused:

7. AmericanRockFan

I'm undecided if I like the Kid Rock 2.0 nickname for Latrell since he's not a goal scorer like Squire was, but it's nice to see him get some sort of nickname treatment.

8. Rock Rulz

Rock Rulz Member

I'm gonna use that! Kid Rock 2.0 ;)

9. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

He buried a breakaway in the closing minutes on Feb. 17 vs. the Swarm. Maybe he was trying to prove you wrong? :p

10. AmericanRockFan

Ironically I was there that night and had a great view of that. It took him long enough, cause I swear he gets at least one, sometimes two, breakaways a game, and practically NEVER buries them. He needs to take a lesson from Damon Edwards on how to score sweet transition breakaway goals :D

11. AmericanRockFan

Add 2-3 more breakaways from Saturday to this list, and hopefully some lessons from Damon Edwards will be taking place soon. Part of me wishes I was keeping a legit tally on how many breakaways he's had this season. If this kid can learn some sweet dekes and dangles and shot accuracy he could become some sort of pretty sweet Terry Bullen and Steve Toll hybrid. In the meantime though he's still pretty fun to watch.

12. RockStar

On Saturday, it was particularly awesome because he was the guy that flattened the attacker to knock the ball loose before he took off.

Love watching him play, just wish the shots were a little sharper.

13. AmericanRockFan

I think Mr. Boo was a little generous when he said on his blog that Harris is 1 for 5 or so on breakaways this year. Personally, I think that number has to be closer to 1 for 10 at least.

Anyhow, happy birthday to Kid Rock 2.0. Now he can go to Jack Astor's for the post game party.

Mr Boo likes this.
  14. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

HA! Never thought about this. I can imagine the team arriving at the party after a big win: "We won! Give us a whole tray full of beers to celebrate! Oh, and one Diet Coke."

RockStar likes this.
  15. AmericanRockFan

It didn't dawn on me until I realized he wasn't at Jack Astor's after the game on Saturday night. Granted, I'm sure if he really wanted to be there some sort of strings could've been pulled leading up until his 19th birthday. I'm sure the team will take care of him tonight if they win :D

16. AmericanRockFan

Pretty (profanity deleted) sweet hat trick for Kid Rock 2.0 tonight, eh?

smurf666 likes this.
  17. AmericanRockFan

Our favorite high school student set a new record for caused turnovers by a rookie at 29, completely obliterating the old record of 28.

smurf666 likes this.
  18. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

The guy hits hard as hell, puts balls on the ground, and runs like the wind.

Cannot wait to see how he looks after he's had a couple more years pro experience, and has peak strength.

19. AmericanRockFan

I found an interview from after he got drafted where he says that Billy Dee Smith was the player he most admired growing up. If he can retain his speed and not take stupid high sticking penalties, I'll take a player like that. Other than Billings and Leblanc, and Manning a long time ago, I don't remember being this excited to see a rookie on the team continue to progress.

20. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Schreiber is pretty exciting too, but, as a wannabe defender myself, Harris is home grown talent that plays in a way I wish I could...he might very well become my favorite in the near future.