1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Let Them Play!

Discussion in 'Calgary Roughnecks Forum' started by RockStar, Jan 13, 2018.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

that pick by Digby right before the called back Berg goal was illegal as hell, but, to call a minor penalty for it, basically cementing the result in a three goal / three minute game?

that official has completely outdone himself

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. RockStar

and a shorty on the two man disadvantage......this could have maybe been an awesome photo finish

2 down with a minute left

3. RockStar

(then again.....this is Malawsky's offence, and that was their first goal in the fourth quarter...)

4. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

So thats what lead to this
    Calgary - Curtis Dickson - (Unsportsmanlike Conduct), 2 min, 15:00
    Calgary - Curtis Dickson - (Misconduct Misconduct), 10 min, 15:00
    Calgary - Curtis Dickson - (Game Misconduct Game Misconduct), 10 min, 15:00
    Calgary - Tyler Digby - (Unsportsmanlike Conduct), 2 min, 15:00
    Calgary - Tyler Digby - (Misconduct Misconduct), 10 min, 15:00
    Calgary - Tyler Digby - (Game Misconduct Game Misconduct), 10 min, 15:00
    Calgary - Dane Dobbie - (Unsportsmanlike Conduct), 2 min, 15:00
    Calgary - Dane Dobbie - (Misconduct Misconduct), 10 min, 15:00
    Calgary - Dane Dobbie - (Game Misconduct Game Misconduct), 10 min, 15:00
    it looks like a classic Buffalo Bandit finish

RockStar likes this.
  5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

yeah, i was going to say when did calgary hire darris?

6. RockStar

I did not see anything at the end or in the handshake that deserved that.

My guess is they all went and told the $*%)^ ref what a %$&%^ing piece of ^($&# he is.

Basically, at about 1230 of the fourth, Digby set a greasy pick and put the Swarm player on his arse.

At this point, it is a three goal game.....would have been a two goal game but for Dickson's goal being called back.

The pick was definitely illegal, but, it is the kind of play that happens three times or more every quarter, and sometimes they don't even call it for anything even when it results in a goal. It was just a solid moving pick

So, basically, what I am saying, is I felt that calling back the goal and awarding possession to GA was right fair. The minor penalty is completely unprecedented based on my 20 odd years of watching this stuff.

GA was likely going to win anyway, but, the zebra made a call that made certain they would, and, that's not right.

7. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Yep it is and the O guys are likely tired of hearing him yapping at them. Malawsky is an autocratic coach who micro manages a team. Great coaches hire an O and D coach and then let them do their job. Not Malawsky. The 2. Assistant roughneck coaches might as well not be there. Oh, and he runs the Necks GM as well. The Roughnecks O should sit down and watch the Rush O play. Dinsdale who was drafted by Malawsky, who tried to make him a D guy, must be so happy in Saskatchewan. Another 3 goals last night.

8. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Will these penalties result in a game suspension for the 3 D brothers?

9. RockStar

Three game misconducts in the same season gets you a one game suspension.

10. onendone

onendone New Member

I didn't see anything worth a suspension but I'm not very good at lip reading.

RULE 40: DEFINITION OF GAME MISCONDUCT PENALTY GAME MISCONDUCT - A “Game Misconduct” penalty involves the suspension of a player for the balance of the game. A player incurring a game misconduct penalty is subject to fine and/or suspension from the League office. For all game misconducts regardless of when imposed, a total of ten (10) minutes shall be charged in the records of the offending player. When warranted, players can receive more than one game misconduct in one game.
    40.1 ACCRUAL OF MAJOR PENALTIES IN A SEASON - In regular season games or Playoff games, any player who incurs a total of 3 major penalties, excluding fighting majors, will be assessed a game misconduct. For each subsequent 2 major penalties, excluding fighting, a game misconduct will be assessed and shall continue as such throughout the season.
    40.2 ACCRUAL OF GAME MISCONDUCT PENALTIES IN A SEASON - In regular League games or Playoff games, any player who incurs a total of three (3) game misconduct penalties (exclusive of designated categories) shall be suspended for one game. The player will serve the suspension in the next regular League game or playoff game of his team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty, the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game. For each suspension of a player, his club shall be fined five hundred dollars ($500.00).

11. I wish I had seen the play so that I could comment,

is there a youtube link you could share?

12. RockStar

doubt it, but, if you have NLLTV, cue up the end of the fourth quarter.