Let's do Manning's job for him ...

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by CrocodileLax, Mar 3, 2018.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

four in 59.5.....

2. RockStar

five in 59.7.....fuckin' A

3. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

RockStar, your Rock are starting to remind me of a team called the Stealth

4. RockStar

and, the final tally is 5. 5 goals in more than 60 minutes.

wasted a game where Rose and the D played fantastic.....including killing a major.

this is getting really tired.

5. RES74

RES74 Guest

The Rock really should change their name to science fiction geeks. C'mon someone, humour me by asking why?

6. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

If Dawick doesn't give a **** why should fans?

7. RockStar

Rock defence unit looked like championship calibre, the attack unit not so much.

Saw a bit more drive to the net, and saw a bit more motion on the set plays. These are positives, but they didn't seem to be able to couple this with choosing the right shot.....certainly got the shot count up, but, so many of these were harmless-ish into the stick or the chest. Still ain't clicking in terms of getting finishes. Oh, and, that whole drought between the 1-0 goal and the 5-2 whatever goal.......Something needs to change soon.

Entertaining game starting at about the 6-3 mark, but, a frustrating one.

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Cause they're such nerds they couldn't score in a brothel.

9. RES74

RES74 Guest

I was just going for something along the lines of because they can't score. Maybe lonely highschool boys on prom night would have been a better analogy

10. 30seconds

30seconds Member

The two shots in OT they take are super mans diving across the net! UGH this offence has so much potential but is missing the mark.

11. AmericanRockFan

That irritated me as well. I didn't get to turn the game on until halftime, and missed most of the third quarter cause I was working out while watching it, but the OT period which I was able to be my undivided attention to really frustrated me.

12. RockStar

mixed feelings about the dive shots.

on one hand, it's not a great percentage, and failure guarantees you dont get a second possession.

on the other hand, they were getting to the crease instead of launching chest-seeking shots from West Burlington....

a loss is a loss, I can live with it. This one just stung because they wasted the stellar D/goaltending, and, wasted the gutsy comeback.

not proud of the attack overall, but, they did come up with a couple clutch goals in crunch time to tie this.....and, that has not happened much/ever this season.

Silver lining, build on it. East is still open.

13. AmericanRockFan

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Of course I prefer a win, and wish the club wasn't under .500, but this league, and especially the East Division, is experiencing probably the greatest amount of parity we've ever seen. Every team in this division seems to be encountering the same issues the Rock are, so it's not worth blowing it out of proportion.

It is just annoying to see such a stellar defensive effort go to waste. Had the Rock ever won in overtime, this might've been seen as a modern day classic game to be totally honest.