1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

Leung

Discussion in 'Calgary Roughnecks Forum' started by LordStanley1893, Aug 1, 2017.

1. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Anyone know what's up with Karsen? I see Calgary placed him on the retired list.

JULY 31, 2017
    Calgary Roughnecks have placed Karsen Leung on the Retired List.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Has he even played since he got a concussion in 2016? I don't think he played at all last year with Calgary.

3. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

I forgot about his injury, very sad if this cuts his promising playing career short. I wish him the best and a full recovery.

4. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Didn't stop Colorado tweeting a gif of that hit Buque laid out on Leung today after the trade with the Bandits saying "We know Buque will be a hit in Buffalo!" I quote tweeted it and said it seemed a bit inappropriate with this retirement happening just yesterday because of that hit. The Mammoth have since deleted the tweet.

mtbf likes this.
  5. Yes, announced his retirement due to health reasons poor guy, good fellow. Thanks for tweeting to the Mammoth about the inappropriateness of that tweet, much appreciated. Buque better hope I don't come across his way, the punk.

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I would say stay classy Govett but he in no longer with the mammoth so I do not know who the blame

7. the night of the big hit was Mar 26 2016 (assuming that is the concussion we are speaking) , according to his stats he played April 30th against the Rock and potted goal and 3 assists, as well as three playoff games.

im assuming that hit isn't the reason hes retiring (atleast not the only one) but it could be a contributing factor

8. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

I'm pretty darn sure the only reason he is retiring is because of a head concussion.