Live Streams

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by RockStar, Sep 2, 2018.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Presidents Cup Gold Medal game.

One camera, from the pressbox - high ~centre floor, Teddy Jenner calling it.

It's fccking aces compared to the average NLLTV production!

2. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

If you like the Presidents Cup, I highly suggest you tune into the Mann Cup at the end of the week. Very professional presentation.

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

mike triolo has to find a spot this winter

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Is there a stream for that? I know first game is Friday with Peterborough hosting Maple Ridge this year.

5. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Sure is. Lacrosse-TV.com and they do a great job. It is PPV.

6. RockStar

my primary point was that a minimalist one-camera, one commentator "volunteer" production was MUCH more watchable than 2/3 of the dreck that the NLL makes us pay for.

Improved online presence, my Sak!

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Similar to what the Six Nations Chiefs were doing this past summer. One thing you don't get is replays during the game but that would take an extra person or 2 to handle it somewhere.

I'm hopeful that the NLL will get better with this having the Bleacher Live arrangement this year.

8. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

You will get replays for the Mann Cup

9. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I am hopeful too about the BR Live streams. If I remember correctly, the league invested a million dollars into the webcasts quality. Hopefully, they invested wisely.

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

A million Canadian pennies might be more accurate.

11. RockStar

They can invest all they want in camera and network equipment........

This will not solve the biggest problem - that if they just intercept and transmit the scoreboard video, and, continue to hire know-nothings to call the game, the home viewing experience will continue suck balls......albeit with a clearer picture and fewer buffering pauses.

Again, my point was not that there are good feeds out there, or that the NLL has made some claims.

my point was that the Presidents Cup guys did a very barebones feed, broadcast it for free through a big platform, and, the results were incredibly better than a majority of what the NLL has put in front of us........

It is both laughable and sad that I wish the NLL could aspire to a highschool AV club level production, and, that getting to that level would be better than much of what they have achieved to date.

12. chuckster

At one point, there was a job posting on the NLL website looking for announcers in each club's market. I don't see that anymore but there are openings for senior and junior "on-air talent" to work out of the Philly office to produce The Box and other non-game day content.

https://www.teamworkonline.com/other-sports-jobs/nll/nll-league-office/web-creative-services

I wonder if that means that the people who did it last year (Ashley and Tyson) are no longer doing it.

13. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I had heard rumors that Tyson wasn't coming back in 2019. Now, I'm not sure if that's indicative of his performance on the job or because the league is going in a new direction with their new platform, but that's what I heard as of 3 months ago. It's unfortunate because I was starting to like him. He was pretty green at first but I thought he was growing into the role rather well.

As for Ashley, I don't know about her. I just know that she's on 590 in Toronto more recently, but I don't think that would prevent her from her NLL work.

14. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Well if they posted their jobs
    What does that seem to indicate lol

15. chuckster

It could mean they are hiring people in addition to Tyson and Ashley. I don't know if these are the same exact positions that those 2 had. As I said, "I wonder if....".

Or maybe they were asked to move to Crapadelphia and said "Hell No." LMAO. :p

16. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I think you have it exactly right. They moved NLL Productions to Philadelphia and the on air talent did not follow.

17. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I watched a couple of the Minto Cup games they did a good job but there is no way I am paying for a live stream.

18. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Tyson and Ashley have both been let go. Ashley confirmed it a few weeks back.

19. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Your loss man. The webcasts are great but the actual games are even better. Tonights game went to double sudden death OT.

20. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

and life went on without it