Major announcement coming next Thursday

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Nov 8, 2018.

1. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

image.jpeg
    People are suggesting it's the NY expansion team.

2. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

More:
    image.jpeg

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Since when did this dude get into lax reporting?

4. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

They announce a new expansion team just in time for the season to be cancelled? Perfect.

The NLL: The Charlie Brown of pro sport leagues.

RockStar likes this.
  5. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

The NY 'Aints franchise returning as number 13 is foreshadowing

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

If this press conference is really happening, will any of the media in attendance ask about the lockout? I doubt it.

7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I suspect that it will be at the recently renovated Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

I hope they do good marketing otherwise I am not optimistic.

Last night, I was watching an NBA G-League game (D-League - the development league - changed its name to G as part of the sponsorship of Gatorade). It was the Capital City Go-Go or something like that at the Long Island Nets, a 2nd-year team owned by the Brooklyn Nets. Almost no one was in the stands. Official attendance was 1019. I mean, geez, the Albany Attack averaged over 3 times that.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  8. fandit

fandit Active Member

If they do, Sarah Sanders will have their press rights revoked and remove them from the room. :eek:

9. GoKHawksGo

GoKHawksGo Active Member

Nick isn't really going to do this is he? Announce a new team for a billionaire while his owners fight over penny pinching the players? Incredibly tone deaf

I will laugh if the season is delayed a few weeks and BR Live tells them to **** off.

10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

NY expansion would have been a STELLAR announcement to follow an announcement of "We have a new CBA that will get us through 2022"........Serious media attention right before the rest of the teams start games. Maybe line up a few NLL TV subscribers from the LI burbs.......they can enjoy the NLL's "Improved Digital Presence" :p:(

Doing it this way just makes the faceplant a bit funnier if that's what ends up happening

11. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Remember when the NLL was broadcasting games on YouTube for free with no problems whatsoever? Good times.

RockStar likes this.
  12. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The NLL doesn't know the meaning of "tone deaf". It's what you get when you have interns running things.

RockStar likes this.
  13. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Pepridge farms remember

14. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

GF Capital and the Nets have partnered before. So likely will not be fully owned by Tsai. Get this CBA done, TD Garden and the Golden State Warriors up next.

15. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

how many people do you expect to show up to essentially a pick up game of basketball in NY?

RockStar likes this.
  16. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

This. There’s a reason most of those teams play in small venues. The Knicks’ farm team plays in White Plains at a venue that’s practically a high school gymnasium.

17. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

That's cause the best basketball in that region has always been at Rucker park, not any.stadium.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  18. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Raptor 905 are lit but they won in 2016 and lost finals in 2017. Play in Mississauga in a 5k arena

19. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

20. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Looks like this was created in August.

image.jpeg