Major announcement coming next Thursday

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Nov 8, 2018.

1. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

solid point, maybe that’s the undecided 3rd expansion announcement that is pending. There must be a holdout somewhere.

2. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

That makes too much sense though lol

3. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

On the other hand, what is a Knighthawk? A hawk that's a knight? Lol, kind of crazy

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

5. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

NY Pigeons

6. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

There is such a thing as a nighthawk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nighthawk

Nighthawks is also a rather good 1981 Stallone movie with villains played by Persis Khambatta (after Star Trek: The Motion Picture) and Rutger Hauer (before Blade Runner and The Hitcher).

Maybe they went with Knighthawks for trademark reasons; it is much easier to trademark Knighthawks than Nighthawks. It helps create a distinctive brand. That's one reason they The SciFi Network changed to SyFy. They could not trademark SciFi.

7. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

The logo does appear to have some tiny bird armor on it's little head. So maybe it really is supposed to be like a knight?

[​IMG]

8. R.J

R.J Guest

A Knighthawk is a Naval helicopter. Anyone know the origins of the team name ?

9. swami24

NY Knights came to mind, that was the baseball team in The Natural.

10. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

Was also an AFL team at MSG.

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

New York City Hawks were a team in New York too somewhere, but I think they played at Nassau Coliseum.

12. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

They also played at MSG. The Dragons, who were ruined by Tim Kelly, played at the Coliseum.

13. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Believe me, we know all about it.

14. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

Didn't think anyone had mentioned him around here.

15. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm ?

16. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

Would be pretty crazy if it wasn't. I've been here since 2003.

17. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I kinda wish Roy was still around, not because New York is getting a franchise for the 75th time but because I have so much pent up laughter to release towards him for his 85745 posts about how Brooklyn will work for the islanders

Dave S-C likes this.
  18. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

Brooklyn was never going to be permanent no matter what he said. They would either get a new arena or be in Quebec or KC. As for the lacrosse team, they will be the anchor tenant of the Coliseum as the Islanders will not be owners.

19. swami24

Can you call a paper clip of a team an anchor Tennant?

I had many arguements with Roy say that the Isles should move to Quebec....but they had an "ironclad lease."

20. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

In this case, yes. They took over the arena for concerts and secondary sports. I would say the NLL would be the anchor tenant of a 46 year old refurbished arena.