Major announcement coming next Thursday

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Nov 8, 2018.

1. toad455

toad455 Member

So Georgia stays put and now there's interest in Winnipeg. Does that get the league to 18 teams by 2021-22? Nashville is #14 for 2019-20. San Francisco & Dallas for 2020-21 and Edmonton & Winnipeg for 2021-22.

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I sure as hell hope not. We're already scraping the bottom of the barrel for talent, and we're only at 11 teams right now.

RockStar likes this.
  3. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

The league has no control over what Georgia does.... if the arlottas are happy with owning a team playing in front of 57 people then so be it

4. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

I thought Winnipeg wanted to add a WHL team? No room for the NLL. Nothing on Boston?

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

If the Swarm move to Winnipeg, then I wanna meet whichever bitter Atlanta sports fan hates all of Winnipeg for stealing both their hockey and their lacrosse team.

IAmDroot likes this.
  6. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

Winnipeg will already have 3 hockey teams. Even with two teams True North said they don’t have the interest in NLL

Andrew GEA likes this.
  7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I will have their contact info if you like.
    My coworker's sister and her family are STHers since Day One of the Swarm.

8. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

Disappointing that Schreiber just signed a 2 year deal to stay in TO.

9. AmericanRockFan

But were they Thrashers fans too?

10. AmericanRockFan

Not from my perspective it's not :D

11. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I don't believe so. I am fairly certain they were purely lax fans.

Let me check...

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:30 PM] Vin:
    Hey, your sister down in ATL... Her family are season ticket holders to the Georgia Swarm, right?

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:30 PM] Coworker:
    yes

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:31 PM] Vin:
    Were they NHL Atlanta Thrasher STHers / fans as well?

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:32 PM] Coworker:
    I don't think so .. they got involved with the Swarm when my nephew got into lacrosse.

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:32 PM] Vin:
    That's what I thought. Thanks!

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:32 PM] Coworker:
    Before that they were a football family.

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:32 PM] Vin:
    As is anyone who lives south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:33 PM] Coworker:
    My BIL was a huge Giants fan, I think it hard when his kid wasn't into football.

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:33 PM] Vin:
    That does seem a bit unconstitutional.

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:34 PM] Coworker:
    I could say a lot about my BIL, but I'm gonna just sit here and zip it.

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:34 PM] Vin:
    LOL, OK, thx again!

[‎12/‎12/‎2018 3:34 PM] Coworker:
    :)

Andrew GEA likes this.
  12. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

Would've liked 1 more year with the Rock and then to start with the new team at home. They'll have to look elsewhere.

13. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be unheard of in the NLL for a player to want to be traded closer to their home. Trading Schreiber home to Long Island could work out well for the Rock.....NY will get expansion draft players and if you combine 1 or 2 of them with an entry draft 1st rounder that could be made into someone like Andrew Kew (playing for Oakville), then the Rock would seriously have to look at that. Don't forget that NY will have either #1 or #2 overall in the 2019 entry draft (TBD with a coin flip with Rochester).

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/stamper-s-musings-early-mock-draft-for-2019-plus-really-early-contenders-for-2020-2021/53181

14. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Is Schreiber sticking with the NLL? I know he has some kind of position in the PLL office.

15. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

If he was bailing why would he sign a new 2 year deal after the PLL announcement?

16. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

I wasn't aware of the timing.

17. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

Schreiber's new deal just got signed last week.

18. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

True but I'd rather get Schreiber for free and keep the other assets. Important to get NY good quickly.

19. Ziel37

Ziel37 Member

Working for a sports team I can tell you that is exactly the case. Part of my job is to create random contests or surveys every so often just to build our mailing contact list. Results of surveys have little effect on what we do.

20. R.J

R.J Guest

There's League interest in Winnipeg, but unless True North owns them (and they're said to not be interested currently), I don't see anything there for awhile. If Georgia doesn't move, then I could see San Francisco, Nashville, Boston, Dallas, and Edmonton next. I'd love to see Chicago, Winnipeg, Minnesota, Salt Lake City, Vegas, and Montreal one day as well.