Major expansion plan...

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BanditsRock11, Feb 20, 2017.

1. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

As stated before, the Ardmore Aardvark lacks reading comprehension ability of your average 42 year old. Therefore, his reshuffled 4 teams are:

• Dallas
    • Halifax
    • New York metro area
    • Philadelphia

Discuss.

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Try again... the article states that any new owner will be NHL/NBA related. And that's the Hali-fax

3. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

DC/Baltimore, Long Island

4. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The NLLFish makes me think that Halifax will happen. Just cause they have NHL/NBA owners, it doesn't mean they have to play in the same city as the NHL or the NBA team ;)

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I think they add
    New York and Philadelphia

6. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

I have heard from someone that there is a west coast city being added. So I am expecting San Fran to be included

7. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

San Fran
    Dallas
    Philadelphia
    Halifax

8. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

I'd guess Long Island, Philly and San Fran.

9. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

The Colorado College Box Lacrosse League is starting their season tonight. You can stream the games live for free here: http://ccbll.usboxla.com/schedule/. Thank goodness, I need a little box action and I don't want to pay the crazy prices the WLA charges. There are a couple of names I recognize on the roster. The biggest name is Trevor Baptiste from Denver, who could arguably be the best faceoff guy in the history of field lacrosse.

Anyways, the reason I'm including this here is because I think something like this is incredibly important if the NLL really wants to expand twice or even more in size. We need more Americans, but more importantly we need more good Americans with experience. Getting guys time in the summer to learn the game gives these new NLL teams more options for quality players. It's especially important if the league wants to add more West Coast teams. There are only so many Vancouver guys.

US Lacrosse and the NLL should help launch these sorts of leagues in areas where a lot of field players live, Baltimore, Long Island, Philly, Buffalo, Boston. It may be necessary, especially when it comes to goalies, to get this league to 20 teams.

10. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

The best news for Philly is no moves this year. Remember Villanova will play all their home games there this year, while building a new basketball stadium.

11. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

So pissed off about no Edmonton and salt of the wound for the article made by EJ!!!

I think they'll be :

1,philly
    2, Dallas
    3, Minnesota
    4, Montreal

12. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I agree except Dallas. Replace Dallas with Winnipeg.

From "New York Area", that will be the Coliseum and the owner will be the guy who owns the Lizards.

EDM owned by Oilers.
    PHI owned by...Comcast?
    WPG owned by Jets.

13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Really? Maybe Oilers are being more cautious or may buy an existing team.

14. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

Jets said they don't want to own a team because they have an AHL team to worry about

15. valleygoalie

valleygoalie New Member

I have heard that Edmonton would rather buy an current team than start another expansion team at the moment. Who knows what is going to happen in the long run with Stealth and Swarm at the moment.

16. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

The flyers are owned by Comcast
    The sixers are owned by Joshua Harris who owns the Devils the prudential center and has a stake in crystal palace in primiere league soccer

17. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Premier.

Anyhow, I really am on the Dallas NLL bandwagon. So everyone, sign this petition please.
    http://www.dbll.org/nll-petition/

Andrew GEA likes this.
  18. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I'd be ok with Edmonton buy the stealth but I highly doubt that it'll happen

19. Winger86

Winger86 Member

Good bets.

SF is getting a brand new arena for the Warriors (which I think will be multi-purpose)

Philly worked for 20 years before going into the toilet.

Long Island had failed twice, but now has the refurbished 13,000 seat venue.

20. The Wack

The Wack Member