Major expansion plan...

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BanditsRock11, Feb 20, 2017.

1. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

that means we will hear in a week or two.

3. Vin

Vin Active Member

I expect so, but I also hope one is for some kind of broadcasting contract. I like NLLTV for the most part; while it is far from ideal, it's worth the money I am paying for it. However, I would like to see the league have some kind of broadcasting deal at least in Canada.

4. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Tsn still writes articles about NLL. If they ever go back to TV it's probs be the first. But when they were with TSN it's was almost exclusively with TSN go. Hard to get air time when there's NHL NBA and junior hockey.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

You'd think with TSN having 5 channels and showing the same thing on 2-3 of them at the same time they'd want a little more variety. But I digress, perhaps a station like SportsNet360 would be ideal for the NLL.

I miss the days of going to Rock-Bandits games in Buffalo and seeing the game was on tv in the HarborCenter on SportsNet.

6. Vin

Vin Active Member

I thought TSN lost hockey to Rogers...

Meanwhile, it's after 9AM and the only thing I see at the NLL website "announced" today was the All-x Teams.

7. AmericanRockFan

I'm not sure all the specifics, but they lost the majority of the NHL to Rogers but TSN still airs games occasionally. The arrangement kinda seems to be as if the NFL were to announce they were airing all games on assorted ESPN owned/affiliated channels BUT still aired Sunday and Monday Night Football on NBC.

8. Vin

Vin Active Member

Please, just renounce your American citizenship now and go all-out Canadian, eh?

9. AmericanRockFan

I know that only Sunday Night Football is on NBC in real life ;)

10. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

But what about when it is MNF on Sat, or Thurs?

11. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Because that was the announcement.... I got it in an email the other day , it wasn't a big secret

12. Vin

Vin Active Member

Thursday Night Football is split between NFL network, CBS, and NBC.
    Saturday Football I believe is usually ESPN/ABC and only occurs after the NCAA regular season has concluded.

13. Vin

Vin Active Member

I thought there was supposed to be TWO announcements...
    There are no other announcements other than the 3 All-x Teams?

14. Hollywood42

Technically it was 2
    1. All pro
    2. All rookie

15. Vin

Vin Active Member

What a bunch of horseshit!

Reminds me so much of that 1985 movie "Lifeforce".
    It looked like it was going to be a cool science fiction movie.
    I drop my money with my friends to see it in the theater and what do I get?
    "Vampires in Space"
    I was so pissed.

Only recently did I learn that they were originally going to title the movie after the original British novel from 1976, "The Space Vampires", but changed shortly before marketing to "Lifeforce".
    Total "Bait-N-Switch" because, had I known it was going to be about space vampires, I never would have seen it. They knew what they were doing.

On the upside, it has a naked girl (a young Mathilda May) starring in it! :)
    At least I got something for my money.

16. AmericanRockFan

I'm sure whatever you saw is better than "Amish Vampires in Space" is.

17. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

I think the two are the All-X teams and the Grant retirement.

18. Hollywood42

Grants retirement came across as breaking news on twitter though so I doubt that was planned as the big announcement

It's a terrible choice for all pro teams without Evans on one lol, dude had his 5th straight 100+ point season and was in top 5 scoring with missing a game

smurf666 likes this.
  19. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Evans is still on of the most fun players to watch.

20. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

I checked much later in the day, but there was mention of a Canada-US Heritage Cup game in Hamilton in October. Perhaps that was intended to be one of the blockbuster announcements?