Major expansion plan...

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BanditsRock11, Feb 20, 2017.

1. toad455

toad455 Member

If they can add Brooklyn, Halifax & Dallas for 2019-2020 and keep Rochester, we'll have 14 teams. Maybe Edmonton & Montreal by 2020-21? Sounds like a goal the league should have. Alignment with 16:

NORTHEAST
    Toronto
    Rochester
    Buffalo
    Montreal

ATLANTIC
    New York(Brooklyn)
    New England
    Philadelphia
    Halilfax

SOUTH
    Georgia
    Dallas
    San Diego
    Colorado

NORTHWEST
    Vancouver
    Calgary
    Edmonton
    Saskatchewan

Andrew GEA likes this.
  2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Brooklyn would fail worse than the islanders
    With the same stupid setup in an arena made for basketball and concerts

If he wants to waste money so be it

3. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

I'm going to guess Tsai will put the NY team at the Coliseum. The Nets are in control there as well. Brooklyn, I agree, would be a disaster. I still think San Francisco, under the Warriors, would do well at the new arena there.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

In fairness though, he wouldn't need seats at the obstructed view end for the NLL. They could close that off and sell a "horseshoe" of sections to configure Barclays for lacrosse.

5. Hollywood42

The main point is, no one goes to hockey why would they go to lacrosse , the islanders were 31/31 in attendance 12,002

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

It's not like a lacrosse team in Brooklyn needs to draw that well if it would be one of Tsai's toys. I think financially, and from a seating chart arrangement, an NLL team could cut the mustard in Brooklyn if promoted properly.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Don't necessarily agree - with hockey they are trying to sell 40+ games at $100+ per seat.

With lacrosse, they only have to try to sell 9 games at $30ish per seat.

It's a lot closer to the city than the Colisseum (does this actually matter?), looks accessible by subway, and might be begging for events.......

8. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

I'm cautiously excited about the Canucks supporting a pro lacrosse team. I'm sure the tickets will be a bit more but to have them playing out of Rogers Arena downtown makes it incredibly easy to go see a game.

9. Hollywood42

I just don’t think it makes a difference , Nassau or nothing for ny3.0

10. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

The difference between Nassau and Brooklyn attendance wise would be better than Rochester vs. bottom of the league.