major NLLTV announcement coming soon

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BenMitchell, Mar 6, 2018.

1. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

STOP POSTING A NEW THREAD EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT NLLTV!

3. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

This is a new topic and new announcement

4. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Which thread exactly would you recommend me placing this bit of news?

5. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

6. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Good point. I forgot about that thread. While you are here, what does everyone think this new announcement is?

7. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Is there a way to delete a thread?

8. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

SINCE WE CANNOT DELETE THIS THREAD, MATT HARDY-STYLE, I WILL SAY THAT I THINK THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MAJOR TELEVISION ANNOUNCEMENT MEANING GAMES MIGHT BE ON TELEVISION ONCE AGAIN.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  9. liveone

liveone Member

Amazon Prime or Netflix.

10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you understand what Netflix is....

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

While I'm not sure if I'd bet on it, I could see Amazon being a streamer of the NLL. Apparently they've signed on with the UFC, so I could see them venturing out and taking a small gamble on a niche sport like the NLL too.

12. liveone

liveone Member

My bad. I was thinking Hulu but my fingers typed Netflix. I know Netflix was bandied about as a possible destination for several live sports including UFC and MLS in the past, but that was shot down a few months ago when the CEO said they were not going to pursue any live sports.

It's no secret Hulu and Amazon both have both been been pursuing live sports. Amazon even had a few Thursday night NFL games this season. If you go back and listen to the Commish interview on the Sports Business Podcast, he is adamant that the focus is on digital and not "linear" television. Check out from about 30:10 - 34:00 of the podcast where he says the upcoming distribution announcements for the lacrosse fans that are "hungry for more lacrosse on digital". https://audioboom.com/posts/6670264-nick-sakiewicz-nllcommish-commissioner-national-lacrosse-league

If you believe that it really is the "landmark, historic" deal he tries to sell it as in the OP's link, it's gotta be a big distributer. No more 4th rate CBS online stream. Knowing this league, though, the truth is probably somewhere in between. It will be on Amazon Prime, but not included. You'll just be able to buy and use your NLL TV season pass through Amazon like the do with Starz and Showtime.

It could also be a big letdown and be that it's going to be on the new ESPN+ App, which is like ESPN3 but will have a monthly cost just to be able to subscribe to other leagues like MLB.tv, MLS, and NHL.tv

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  13. Alex Fedyk

Alex Fedyk Guest

When are they gonna announce it?

14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

That would be my bet. I don't think the NLL dumps NLL TV if they are really doing as well as they claim with it. The Commish is hyping this up like it's going to change the sport of lacrosse but it may be more "meh" than anything.

15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Are you related to Ben Mitchell?

16. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I'd assume it would be an American deal but in Canada it could be the sports net app (same as ESPN+)

17. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

*clicks on new BenMitchell thread*

[​IMG]

RockStar likes this.
  18. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

WHENEVER YOU POST THE SONG 'ROCKIN' ROBIN'' PLAYS IN MY HEAD, EXCEPT IT HAS THE WORDS 'Rotten Rocker, tweet tweet tweet.'